15-Minute One Pot Hummus Pasta made in one pot with only 8 ingredients. Creamy, luscious, and super hearty, this healthy pasta dish has quickly become one of our go-to weeknight meals!
I’m always curious to know what everyone does for a living. What do you do for work? I’ve been vegetarian and then vegan for about 6 years now. I talk a lot here about my husband J, our pup Henry, and our life together in Toronto. I also work full-time in communications, downtown Toronto outside of my blog life. And my ways of cooking have definitely changed since I was a student way-back-when in Leuven, Belgium.
First off, let’s talk about easy weeknight meals. After a busy day at work (and on a good day, a post-office workout), the last thing I want to do is spend hours on dinner (I’d rather leave that for the weekends when I can dedicate hours to making Vegan “Beef” Bourguignon). The quicker and easier the better.
Why is this 15-Minute One-Pot Pasta my new go-to for dinner? It is completely nut-free (unlike a lot of creamy, vegan recipes out there), ready in under half an hour, and extremely versatile. You can really switch out the veggies for whatever you have in the fridge from fresh arugula to sundried tomatoes.
This 15-Minute One Pot Pasta stars my “The Best Fluffy Oil-Free Hummus“. If you don’t have time to make homemade hummus, use storebought.
I like to make a big batch of hummus on Sunday to last the entire week. You can really never have too much hummus.
You may have to adjust the pasta water depending on how thick/thin your hummus is.
Look how seriously creamy that sauce is! ↓ ↓ ↓
After your 15-Minute One Pot Pasta sauce begins to thicken, add ALL the pasta.
And dig in! Enjoy.
- 1 box pasta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 handfuls fresh spinach, lightly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced (optional, see note)
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup pasta water
- 1 cup hummus
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot sauce and chilli flakes
- Vegan parmesan cheese
- Sautéed mushrooms or other veggies!
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain pasta and reserve 1 1/2 cups of pasta water. While the pasta is cooking, chop the cherry tomatoes, fresh spinach, and basil.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, garlic (optional – see note), and pasta water (start with one cup) to the same large pot where you cooked the pasta. Sauté for two minutes over medium-high heat until the cherry tomatoes start to burst.
- Add hummus, lemon juice, spinach, and fresh basil to the pan. Sauté for one minute. The sauce will begin to thicken.
- Stir in the pasta and nutritional yeast (optional). Add extra pasta water until you reached your desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with hot sauce/chilli flakes and vegan parmesan. Serve hot and enjoy!
Garlic: taste test your hummus and add extra garlic if necessary. My homemade hummus has quite a lot of garlic already so I skip this step.
Pasta Water: Adjust pasta water as necessary, my homemade hummus is a bit thinner than store-bought hummus, so I use one cup of water.
Reheat:If you have any leftovers, add a splash of water and an extra scoop of hummus (and hot sauce!) when reheating.