Easy Vegan Scrambled Eggs aka the BEST Tofu Scramble. Ready in less than 15 minutes and made with 7 ingredients for a quick, hearty, and healthy breakfast.
What’s your go-to weekend breakfast food?! Pancakes, waffles, french toast? I love all of the above but if I absolutely HAD to choose (like if I could only bring one breakfast food on a deserted island sort of situation), it would hands-down be these VEGAN Scrambled Eggs.
If you haven’t started making tofu scramble for breakfast yet, it’s time to start! I make these Vegan Scrambled Eggs every weekend with fresh bread and avocado. I especially love this breakfast after a morning run or workout since it’s filled with so much protein!
TIP: Crumble the tofu in the pan with your hands and scramble it while it is cooking with a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon after adding all the spices.
↑↑↑ This crumbled tofu seriously needs to be spiced-up!
These Vegan Scrambled Eggs are made with only a few key ingredients and spices that make ALL the difference.
- Tumeric – for that golden yellow colour
- Dried onions, smoked paprika, and mustard powder – the PERFECT spice combo
- Black salt (also known as Kala Namak) – I recently started adding this ingredient to my Vegan Scrambled Eggs and it has taken then to a completely new level of “egg-iness”
- Nutritional yeast and hot sauce – gives your Vegan Scrambled Eggs the perfect KICK and savoury flavour
I love to use this Vegan Scambled Eggs recipe as a base. Depending on what is in my fridge, I will often add salsa, sauteed mushrooms, extra tomatoes, or kale to my scramble. Enjoy!
- 1 block extra-firm tofu
- 1 tbsp dehydrated onion or ½ tbsp onion powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika*
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- ½ cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crumble tofu into a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the dehydrated onion (or onion powder), turmeric, smoked paprika, and mustard powder to the pan. Saute for one minute.
- Add the nutritional yeast, water, miso, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the pan. Saute for two to three minutes. Continue to scramble the tofu while it is cooking with a potato masher or using the back of a wooden spoon.
- Taste test and add additional salt, pepper or herbs to taste. Serve with your favorite vegan breakfast sides like vegan bacon and homemade pancakes!