Vegan Parmesan made with a handful of ingredients in less than five minutes. I always make sure to have some of this savory parmesan on hand to sprinkle on pasta, potatoes, and use as a topping for casseroles.
[easy-tweet tweet=”This Vegan Parmesan is like magic golden vegan fairy dust.” template=”light”]
I actually can’t believe I haven’t shared this recipe with you yet because we kind of put it on everything around here. It’s soooo incredibly simple to make and adds that bit of “je ne sais quoi” to any dish.
What was your one favorite meal as a kid? Mine was hands-down pasta with butter and parmesan cheese. That’s all I ever wanted to eat, it didn’t matter the restaurant, occasion, or who was cooking. If I had a choice in the matter, it would be pasta with butter and parm. I could’ve eaten it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I have to say my taste buds have expanded but I still looove the simplicity of fresh pasta with parm. And this Vegan Parmesan is all kinds of wonderful by itself tossed with pasta and some veggies.
Add all the ingredients to a blender. Pulse, pulse, pulse until you get a fine, “parmesan-y” consistency.
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted [url href=”http://amzn.to/2lixcBo” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]cashews[/url], [url href=”http://amzn.to/2mo74dC” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]blanched almonds[/url], or [url href=”http://amzn.to/2lisZ0w” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]sunflower seeds[/url]
- 1/2 cup [url href=”http://amzn.to/2lifI8o” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]nutritional yeast[/url]
- 3 tbsp [url href=”http://amzn.to/2mESvOJ” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]dried chopped onion[/url]
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp [url href=”http://amzn.to/2likRNN” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]garlic powder[/url]
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp [url href=”http://amzn.to/2m53kwQ” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]herbes de provence[/url] or [url href=”http://amzn.to/2mEEnVx” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]italian seasoning[/url] or basil (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender (cashews, nutritional yeast, dried onion, 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder, sea salt, and optional herbs).
- Pulse 5 – 8 times until the vegan parmesan reaches a fine parmesan consistency (see photo). Taste test and add additional garlic powder (I use the entire tablespoon) and/or sea salt to taste.