Rich, garlicky, and creamy Vegan One Pot Fettuccine Alfredo made with only 9-ingredients and ready in 30 minutes flat.
Hands-up if you LOVE one pot meals! When I was an exchange student in France, I only owned ONE POT. Can you believe that? It was a deep and wide pot-like-pan that I bought in the market. I did all of my cooking in my sole pot for six months. I can honestly say that during that time I learned a lot about cooking using local, fresh ingredients AND how to make a full dinner in one pot. Fast forward several (ahem!) years later and I still love a good One Pot meal.
What are your go-to after work meals? Even though I adore cooking, experimenting, and spending time in the kitchen, I am usually not so keen on dirtying up a whole bunch of dishes and spending hours on a meal when I come home from work. Can you relate? I came up with this Vegan One Pot Fettuccine Alfredo recipe last week after work. I wanted to make a healthier alfredo without all the dishes or work.
This 30-minute, 9-ingredient (+ salt and pepper), One Pot Fettuccine Alfredo is healthy, dairy-free as well as SUPER garlicky and rich. Did I mention how easy it is to make?
Saute the shallot, garlic, and herbs. Add the creamy sauce, (optional) green peas, and pasta to the post. Cover and simmer for 9-11 minutes until the pasta is cooked and the sauce is absorbed into a velvety Alfredo sauce. Cooking the pasta in the same pot where you sauteed the herbs, onions, and garlic brings out SO much flavor in this meal.
I mean look at all that CREAMY PASTA.
I like to stir in fresh basil and chives at the end as well as top everything off with my Homemade Vegan Parmesan (I always have some on hand).
This Vegan One Pot Fettuccine Alfredo is seriously SO quick and tastes very gourmet. You would never guess it’s ready in less than 30 minutes and made with only ONE pot. 😉
- 1 box fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 cup raw [url href=”http://amzn.to/2hOt4wy” target=”_blank”]cashews[/url] (or 1/4 cup raw cashews and 1/4 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds)
- 5 – 6 shallots or 2 medium white onions, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp [url href=”http://amzn.to/2vrLdUj” target=”_blank”]basil[/url] or herbes de provence
- 2 cups frozen peas (optional)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup [url href=”http://amzn.to/2voibXe” target=”_blank”]nutritional yeast[/url]
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- [url href=”https://www.cearaskitchen.com/vegan-parmesan/” target=”_blank”]Vegan Parmesan[/url]
- Soak cashews in hot water (or soak in cold water overnight in the fridge) while preparing the rest of the Alfredo sauce.
- In a large deep and wide pot, over medium heat, saute shallots and garlic with a splash of water until translucent. Add the basil (or herbes de provence) and frozen peas to the pot. Continue to saute, adding a splash of water when necessary.
- Rinse the cashews. Add the cashews, vegetable broth, and [u]3 cups of water[/u], to a blender. Blend until creamy smooth.
- Add the sauce to the pot. Add the Fettuccine to the pot, making sure that all the pasta is covered with the sauce. Cook on medium heat, stirring every couple minutes so the pasta does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- When the pasta is cooked to al dente and the sauce is mostly soaked up, stir in the lemon juice and nutritional yeast. Sprinke with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh chives, fresh basil, and vegan parmesan.
If you are looking for a traditional velvety and rich Alfredo Recipe (that is not made in One Pot), try my Dairy Free Fettuccine Alfredo made with pine nuts and potatoes.