To mushroom or not to mushroom? I know mushrooms are a sensitive topic with a lot of people – you either LOVE or hate them. Half of the people in my family love mushrooms and the other half can’t stand them. Thankfully J loves mushrooms just as much as I do because they are one of my favorite vegetables to cook up in the kitchen! Especially in this rich and flavorful Roasted Garlic Mushroom Bruschetta.
If my trip to Italy this past Summer taught me anything, it’s that bruschetta is not just about the tomatoes. Almost every restaurant we went to (espeically the more traditional ones) had several bruschettas listed on the menu from white bean to olive tapenade brushetta. This led me to think WHY not Mushroom Bruschetta?!
Usually, I am pretty tame with the mushrooms I use in my cooking and stick to mostly white button and portabello mushrooms but I REALLY went outta my mushroom comfort zone in this Roasted Garlic Mushroom Bruschetta guys! I used equal parts of oyster, black oyster, cremini, and shitake mushrooms.
This Roasted Garlic Mushroom Bruschetta is SO dang flavorful guys. I can’t think of a better word to describe it. The Roasted Garlic PLUS the assortment of wild mushrooms over garlic-infused fresh baguette makes this Roasted Garlic Mushroom Bruschetta the perfect appetizer. I think I’m in love 😉
I L O V E seeing your delicious creations guys!! If you do make this Roasted Garlic Mushroom Bruschetta, share your feedback with me by writing your thoughts in the comments below, tagging me (#cearaskitchen) in your beautiful shots on Instagram or sharing your photo on my Ceara’s Kitchen Facebook page. #EatHappyLiveHappy
- 1 baguette
- drizzle olive oil
- 4 - 6 cloves roasted garlic, lightly chopped
- 1 raw clove garlic
- 6 cups (600 grams) mushrooms assortment (oyster, cremini, shitake and black oyster), roughly chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, hard stems removed
- ⅛ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- pinch ground pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Fresh parsley
- To roast garlic, preheat oven to 425F/220C. Cut the head off of the garlic and drizzle with a bit of olive oil (if using). Roast in the oven for 30 - 35 minutes until soft, slightly brown on the outside and fragrant.
- Turn down oven to 400F/205C. Cut baguette into 1 inch/2½ cm slices. Brush with olive oil. Bake the baguette in the oven for 10 minutes, until slightly crispy and light golden brown. Cut the raw garlic clove in half and rub over the sliced, warm baquette.
- In a large pan, saute mushroom assortment, roasted garlic, thyme and balsamic vinegar until the mushrooms are reduced and the water of the mushroom is absorbed. Turn off heat and stir in lemon juice. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop a large spoonful of mushroom mixture on top of each baguette slice. Serve warm and garnish with fresh parsley.
2) You can play with the assortment of mushrooms you use in this recipe. The mushrooms listed are my favorite mushrooms to use.
3) For an oil-free version leave out the olive oil (I prefer it with).
4) For a gluten-free version, use gluten-free baguette.