Luscious, creamy, and rich Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo made with roasted almonds, fresh basil, and roasted red peppers. This Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo is easy-to-make, ready in only 30 minutes flat, and is full of flavour!
How have you been!? Is it finally starting to feel like Summer where you are?! Jeroen and I recently moved into our new condo and we are finally all moved in. I definitely underestimated how much work our move proved to me, even though we moved into the condo next door (ha!). Well, everything is now unpacked and our new place already feels like home. Our doggo Henry is all settled in as well. We moved into a super dog-friendly building and they even have treats when you walk in the main foyer. My mom watched Henry while we moved and it only took him about a day to figure out why all “his stuff’ was in a new place.
You know I am serious about simple and easy recipes here at #CearasKitchen. With this past month of packing, moving, and unpacking, easy-peasy meals have been ALL I have really made. When I saw these bright and colorful Roasted Red Peppers at Costco, I knew I had to make a new recipe with them. ↓↓↓
Usually, I make my own Roasted Red Peppers at home, but I have to say, these Roasted Red Peppers taste almost identical to freshly roasted peppers with none of the work (or peeling of the red pepper skin!). You can make this Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo with either jarred or fresh roasted red peppers, but if you are on a time crunch, you do not sacrifice much (or any!) of the flavour but using roasted red peppers in a jar as a shortcut. Promise. 🙂
And if you are not pressed for time, try making this Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo with homemade pasta. YUM.
This Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo is ready in basically three simple steps.
- Throw all your ingredients in the blender. BLEND.
- Warm the sauce until thick.
- Toss the the fettuccine pasta with luscious and rich Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo. sauce. Devour.
Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo is one of those meals where you will want seconds. The sauce is just SO rich and creamy with so much flavour. One thing I absolutely love about dairy-free cream sauces is that there is no post-dinner tummy ache that I used to get from dairy-rich, cream-based meals.
If you make this Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo, leave your feedback in the comments below, snap a photo and tag me #CearasKitchen on Instagram. I love hearing from you!
Don’t forget to top your Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo off with lots of Vegan Parmesan. Enjoy!Print
Luscious, creamy, and rich Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo made with roasted almonds, fresh basil, and roasted red peppers. Garnish with vegan parmesan, hot pepper flakes, and chives!
- 1 box Fettuccine pasta
- 1 – 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds
- 1 heaping cup roasted red peppers (I use ones bought in a jar, you can easily make your own too—see directions)
- 2–3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- 3 – 4 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Vegan Parmesan
- Hot pepper flakes
- Roasted almonds
- Cook Fettuccine pasta with a pinch of salt in a big pot of boiling water until al dente.
- Add 1 cup water, roasted almonds, roasted red peppers, 2 cloves garlic, basil, 3 tbsp lemon juice, hot pepper flakes, and (optional) nutritional yeast to a blender. Blend until creamy smooth.
- Taste test and add the extra cloves garlic, tablespoon of lemon juice if it suits your taste. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Over medium high heat, warm the Alfredo sauce in the large pot where you cooked the pasta until the sauce is thickened and warm. Add additional water if the sauce gets too thick.
- Toss the Fettuccine pasta with the roasted red pepper Alfredo. Garnish with hot pepper flakes, chives, vegan parmesan, roasted almonds, and fresh parsley. Enjoy!
1) If your red peppers are not preroasted. Roast your red peppers by preheating the oven to 450F.
Cut the peppers in half. Remove the stem, seeds, and membranes. Roast the peppers until the skin blisters and turns black (15 to 20 minutes). Remove from oven and place the red peppers in a bowl. Cover with plastic, or a tea towel. The skins will peel off of the peppers easily when cooled.
2) If your almonds are not pre-roasted, roast your almonds at 400F for 6-9 minutes.
3) The nutritional yeast is optional – it gives this Alfredo a delicious cheesy and savoury flavour.
4) Use jarred roasted red peppers in water and not oil for this recipe to be oil-free.
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Main