Easy and flavorful homemade Vegan Bruschetta made with crunchy baguette, ripe tomatoes, fresh basil and salty kalamata olives. A vibrant and simple appetizer that is perfect to serve when loved ones come to visit!
Who loves Bruschetta? There are probably about a bazillion Bruschetta recipes out there but this simple, vegan Bruschetta recipe is my favorite.
Let’s get real here guys, I actually think I ate my weight in Bruschetta last Summer in Tuscany. And I loved how many different types of there Bruschetta there were – white bean, olive, sundried tomato tapenade and my favorite – traditional Bruschetta made with fresh tomatoes, basil, olive oil and a touch of sea salt. You really can’t go wrong. And every place we went prepared it a little bit differently.
The tomatoes really make all the difference in making the best Bruschetta ever. And I’ve been seriously drooling over the fresh produce and juicy, tomatoes popping up in the store this Season! Perfect for eating raw in ALL the Summer salads and meals – I’m obsessed.
And this Vegan Bruschetta is one of my go-to appies when friends come to visit. It’s always devoured within minutes of the baguette coming out of the oven. We actually made a rule to only make this Bruschetta when friends come over because it’s that easy to devour the entire baguette worth of Bruschetta, ha! If you make this Easy Vegan Bruschetta at home, snap a photo and tag me #CearasKitchen on Instagram or leave a comment below – I love hearing from you!
- 1 baguette
- ½ clove garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil* (optional)
- 8 tomatoes (plump, ripe), chopped
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive brine or olive oil
- 2 tbsp kalamata olives, chopped
- Fresh basil
- Handful arugula (optional)
- Balsamic reduction (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450F. Cut baguette into ½ inch slices on an angle. Place baguette slices on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil (optional). Bake for 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut a garlic clove in half. Remove the toasted baguette from the oven and rub the garlic clove over the warm, slices of baguette.
- Add tomatoes, red onion, garlic, basil, balsamic vinegar, and sea salt in a large bowl. Mix altogether.
- Scoop the bruschetta mixture onto the baguette. Garnish with olives, fresh basil, arugula, and balsamic reduction (optional). Serve right away after assembling the bruschetta.
2) Serve right away to avoid the baguette soaking up too much of the liquid from the tomatoes!
3) Omit the olive oil to keep this recipe completely oil-free.
4) Use gluten-free crusty bread as an alternative to make this recipe gluten-free.