Easy Stovetop One Pot Broccoli Quinoa ready in only 25 minutes! A quick and healthy weeknight meal to whip up that actually uses only one pot. The result is perfectly cheesy and tasty quinoa and broccoli florets.
How long do you spend on most dinners during the week?! 45 minutes?, 30 minutes? 25? On Sundays, I loooooove to spend the afternoon in the kitchen making some of my favorites (like Vegan Beef Bourguignon or Homemade Lasagna) but to be compleeeeeeeetely honest, during the week, after work, I just don’t have the patience. And as much as I do like eating out (there are a ton of fun, vegan options to choose from in Toronto), I do prefer having a healthy, home cooked meal on the table every night.
Sooo I have two new “rules” I’m trying my best to stick to for weeknight meals:
From start to finish in 25 minutes flat, this Stovetop One Pot Broccoli Quinoa definitively meets both of those criteria. I even use organic frozen broccoli florets in this recipe to save the time chopping veggies.
If you make this One Pot Broccoli Quinoa at home, share your feedback below or snap a photo and tag #CearasKitchen on Instagram.
This Vegan One Pot Broccoli Quinoa is inspired by one of my favorite casseroles. It is a cozy meal that has become a staple for us during the week. I love sprinkling extra nutritional yeast on top to make it super cheesy!
Easy Stovetop One Pot Broccoli Quinoa ready in only 25 minutes! The result is perfectly cheesy and tasty quinoa with broccoli. I use frozen broccoli florets to save even more time when making this dish.
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsps herbs de provence
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup coconut milk or cashew milk (or use additional vegetable broth)
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups broccoli florets (I use organic frozen)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- pinch hot pepper flakes.
- In a large and deep pan, over medium-high heat, saute onion, shallot and garlic with herbs and balsamic vinegar until soft. Add a splash of water when necessary to keep the onions from sticking to the pan.
- Add quinoa to the pan and stir it for about a minute with the onion-garlic mixture. This helps to “toast” the quinoa a bit, making it all the more flavorful in the final dish.
- Add the milk (if using) and two cups of vegetable broth.
- Cover the pan and simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Add the broccoli to the quinoa and cover the pan again. Cook for an additional 5 – 10 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy (the quinoa will cook in total for 15 to 20 minutes). Add up to half a cup more vegetable broth, if necessary. Stir in the nutritional yeast.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast , and hot pepper flakes
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Main