Perfect guacamole filled with finely chopped plump tomatoes, fresh red onion, a pinch of garlic, a hint of spice and LOTS of cilantro.
WHO here LOVES guacamole?!
Guacamole is one of those go-to appetizers that are always an instant crowd-pleaser – one of those “you-really-can’t-go-wrong” recipes I always have in my back-pocket. Because guacamole is always one of the first appetizers to get devoured whenever I serve it to friends and family coming over!
And I know there are probably about A MILLION guacamole recipes in the world already but I had to share with you guys my favorite guacamole recipe which I’ve so humbly named… The PERFECT Guacamole!
I mean look at that texture! Don’t you just want to dip a chip in it? 😉
What’s make this guacamole recipe My Favorite Perfect Guacamole? I looove my guacamole filled with finely chopped plump tomatoes, fresh red onion, a pinch of garlic, a hint of spice and LOTS of cilantro. You can dial the cilantro back a couple notches if it isn’t really your thing (I know, I know, not everyone is as cilantro obsessed as I am, LOL!).
I also add fresh corn PLUS a couple splashes of hot sauce (plus a jalapeno – seeds in if you are feeling really spicy!) to this Perfect Guacamole. These two additions are both just small finishing “touches” but they really do make all the difference in my book, y’all. I served this to family as an appy this week and let’s just say it didn’t take long for the bowl to be basically licked clean! #EatHappyLiveHappy #GuacObsessed
- 4 avocados
- ⅓ - ½ cup chopped cilantro (lightly packed)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ heaping cup red onion, chopped (1 small red onion)
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped* (optional)
- 1 cup corn
- 1½ limes, juiced
- 2 - 3 drops hot sauce
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- Mash the avocado with a fork (or blend 1 or 2 pulses with an immersion/stick blender to get the guacamole really creamy) in a medium size bowl.
- Add the chopped cilantro (start with ⅓ cup if you are not a huge cilantro fan), minced garlic, red onion, tomatoes and jalapeno pepper to the mashed avocado. Stir. Add the corn. Stir everything together.
- Add the fresh lime juice, hot sauce and sea salt. Stir. Taste the guacamole if the amount of sea salt and hot sauce is to your taste. I like 3 drops of the hot sauce. Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
2) Take the seeds OUT of the jalapeno if you are not a fan of spicy food. Leave out the jalapeno altogether if you are sensitive to spicy food.
3) Adjust cilantro to taste.
And y’all if you make this Perfect Guacamole in your home, it seriously makes my WEEK seeing your gorgeous shots and hearing your feedback! Let me know how your creations turn out by sharing your feedback in the comments below, tagging me (@cearaskitchen) in your gorgeous shots on Instagram or sharing your photo on my Ceara’s Kitchen Facebook page. Wishing you a beautiful day everyone!