Creamy Garlic Mushrooms sautéed in garlic and herbs until perfectly browned, then tossed in a super simple, cheesy-garlic cream sauce. These mushrooms are great as a main dish, on top of risotto, pasta… the possibilities are endless! Ready in under 20 minutes.
How have you been?! I’ve missed you guys and blogging!! It’s been a busy past few months between wedding planning, work, and everything else. Busy but good. Can you believe it – my wedding is only TWO MONTHS AWAY. TWO MONTHS. We are finalizing the final details of both our weddings (we are getting married in Belgium and Canada) over the next couple weeks. I cannot wait to share our 100% vegan menu with all of you. But, more on that to come.
First, let’s talk about these Creamy Garlic Mushrooms that are ready in under 20 minutes.
Mushrooms are a staple in my vegan kitchen – they are so incredibly meaty, flavourful, and versatile. If you’ve been following #CearasKitchen for awhile, you know this girl LOVES her mushrooms from stuffed mushrooms to mushroom gravy.
Start off by sautéing cremini mushrooms (or your go-mushroom of choice) with garlic and herbes de provence until caramelized and browned. If you haven’t started using herbes de provence in your kitchen yet, I would seriously recommend it. It’s a simple herb mix of fresh spices that taste good with just about everything.
What’s the secret ingredient in the creamy-garlic cheese sauce?! CASHEWS, of course. ↡↡↡
Blend into a creamy sauce and add all that cheesy-garlic goodness to your caramelized mushrooms.
And let that vegan M-A-G-I-C begin…
The sauce will start to get creamier and thicc-er (kind of like it does in my Vegan Mozzarella recipe).
Stir, stir, stir and stir some more.
- 900 grams/2 pounds cremini mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp herbes de provence
- 2 tbsp water OR olive oil*
- pinch black pepper
- ½ cup cashews, soaked
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch mustard powder
- 1 cup water
- Soak cashews overnight or in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Warm oil (or water) in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, mushrooms, sea salt, and herbs to the pan. Sauté occasionally until the mushrooms are browned and start to crisp up on the outside. If the mushrooms start sticking to the pan, add a splash of water (or oil) - 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add cashews, garlic clove, tapioca starch, lemon juice, mustard powder, and water to a high-speed blender. Blend until creamy.
- Add the garlic cream sauce to the mushrooms., Bring the cream sauce to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the sauce gets creamy and thick. It will clump a bit before it gets super creamy and cheesy - 5 to 6 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve immediately.