Do you guys have a vegetable that you love but don’t eat nearly often enough?! That’s artichoke for me. I love love love artichoke and always swoon over it when passing by the fresh, green artichokes in the grocery store or at the market. But somehow, the artichoke just never seems to end up in my cart. I guess it’s because when I am dreaming up a new recipe or something quick to throw together for a meal my mind immediately goes to my regular veggies – broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms and tomatoes.
But we ALL need change sometimes. So this time, when passing by the juicy and flavorful artichoke hearts, I threw ’em in my cart along with a couple of jars of fresh, giant white beans that I’ve had my eye on for a while as well.
Some lemon, white onion, a few sprigs of green onion and cilantro and this simple, literally-takes-less-than-15-minutes-to-throw-together White Bean and Artichoke Salad came to be, YUM!
Artichokes always remind me of French cooking y’all so I naturally tossed a lemon-dijon dressing on top!
Simple, light, delicious, protein-packed and healthy! I served this White Bean and Artichoke Salad to family on the weekend and everyone gobbled it up. I enjoyed the little leftovers we had for the lunch the next day with some salad and rice. I have a hunch that this White Bean and Artichoke Salad would also taste fantastic stuffed into a pita with some lettuce for a light lunch. #EatHappyLiveHappy
- 4 heaping cups [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004JBNRZ6/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004JBNRZ6&linkCode=as2&tag=ceaskit0b-20&linkId=7GOPZKUKDKJGQBI3″ target=”_blank”]giant white beans[/url] (or small white beans)
- 3 cups chopped [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B9VFQL2/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00B9VFQL2&linkCode=as2&tag=ceaskit0b-20&linkId=HW4TDT32HUCZ72P5″ target=”_blank”]artichoke hearts[/url]* (9 artichoke hearts)
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 sprig green onion, chopped
- Lemon Dijon Dressing
- 2 tbsp [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RO08L0/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000RO08L0&linkCode=as2&tag=ceaskit0b-20&linkId=YZWN7NRAC5SJL46L” target=”_blank”]white vinegar[/url]
- 3 – 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J2L89EM/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00J2L89EM&linkCode=as2&tag=ceaskit0b-20&linkId=PGHWYERYJPZ5K5FX” target=”_blank”]coconut sugar[/url] or [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006CVNF2G/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B006CVNF2G&linkCode=as2&tag=ceaskit0b-20&linkId=WE4SKCV3D6DN5EBT” target=”_blank”]cane sugar[/url]
- 1/2 tsp [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D3TTU4M/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00D3TTU4M&linkCode=as2&tag=ceaskit0b-20&linkId=BXLQNN3EDP4KZTJ5″ target=”_blank”]dijon mustard[/url]
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- white pepper to taste
- 2-4 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 1 sprig green onion, chopped
- Chop the white onions, artichoke hearts, green onion and cilantro. Mince the garlic.
- Add the white beans, chopped artichoke hearts, chopped white onion, minced garlic and 1/2 the chopped green onion to a large bowl. Stir together.
- Prepare the Lemon Djjon Vinaigrette. Add the white vinegar, fresh lemon juice, sugar, dijon mustard and sea salt to a small bowl. Stir together. Add additional lemon juice to taste. Taste. Add white black pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the white beans and vegetables. Stir together. Garnish with fresh cilantro and the rest of the green onion. Enjoy!
If you do make this White Bean and Artichoke Salad, I love seeing, commenting and ogling over your delicious shots and hearing your feedback! Let me know how your creations turn out by sharing your feedback in the comments below, tagging me (@cearaskitchen) in your gorgeous shots on Instagram or sharing your photo on my Ceara’s Kitchen Facebook page. Wishing you a great day everyone!