I know, I know ANOTHER Summer Pasta dish?!? I swear I don’t eat pasta all day long guys. I really don’t. But I have been SO incredibly inspired since our trip to Tuscany that all I can dream about in the kitchen is delicious, simple Italian food using the freshest vegetables I can get my hands on…. plus lots of pasta, ha!
I can’t take full credit for this delicious, bright and flavorful Vegan Tomato Garden Pasta either, y’all. It is one of my Mother in Law’s signature dishes using ALLLL the fresh tomatoes you can find! Whenever she makes it for us, I ogle over the simplicity of the tomato sauce and am reminded of how much I looove angel hair pasta. Yum.
This Healthy Tomato Garden Pasta is a great way to use up those ripe, juicy an’ plump Summer tomatoes and fresh herbs in your garden. This Tomato Garden Pasta is simple – tomatoes, herbs, garlic and onion. The way it’s prepared makes it one of my favorite pasta dishes to whip up in the Summer. Can we all agree, simple recipes are the best?! 🙂
A light, delicious and healthy Summer Garden Tomato Pasta recipe. My favorite way to use up ripe, juicy and plump Summer fresh tomatoes. Use the freshest tomatoes you can find for this recipe.
- 500 gr/17.6 oz angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth or 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tsp herbes de provence
- 8 plump tomatoes, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- handful cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, loosely packed
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (hard stem removed)
- Chop and prepare all the vegetables (onions, garlic and tomatoes).
- Boil angel hair pasta until al dente (do not over cook!) while preparing the pasta sauce.
- Saute the garlic and onions over medium high heat with olive oil or vegetable broth until fragrant (2 – 3 minutes). Stir in the herbes de provence.
- Add the chopped plump tomatoes (not the cherry tomatoes just yet!) and sea salt. Stir. Add the bay leaves. Turn down the heat to medium-low and leave to simmer for 15 minutes. Stir the tomato sauce occasionally and leave to simmer until the tomatoes are cooked (see photo).
- Add the cherry tomatoes. Stir and leave to simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove and discard the bay leaves.
- Garnish with a handful of cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and rosemary. Serve hot over al dente angel hair pasta.
1) If you need this recipe to be gluten-free, make sure the pasta you use is gluten-free.
2) Use the vegetable broth sauteing method to make this recipe oil-free.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Italian
If you do make this Healthy Garden Tomato Pasta, I love seeing over your delicious shots and hearing your feedback! Let me know how your creations turn out by sharing your feedback in the comments below, tagging me (@cearaskitchen) in your gorgeous shots on Instagram or sharing your photo on my Ceara’s Kitchen Facebook page. Wishing you a great start to your week everyone!