Rapini and Garlic Soup made with TWO entire heads of garlic, fresh rapini, lemon juice, and pasta. This filling and flavorful soup is easy to make and only uses a few ingredients. If you LOVE garlic, you really cannot go wrong with this tasty (and garlicky!) soup.
I have been a bit MIA on the recipe front the past couple weeks and I’ve missed you. How have you been?! J and I made the decision that we were going to move a couple months ago and we had nooo idea how crazzzzy it was going to be apartment-hunting downtown Toronto. Everyone here always talks about the “housing market” but I had no idea that renting a one bedroom (+ den!) apartment would literally take up all my time. People are actually lining up to see apartments (crazy, right?!). Well this week we finally found our perfect home and are moving in next week. The funny thing is, it’s next door to our current place (ha!). I feel super relieved and am also verry excited to start cooking in my brand new kitchen.
Can we also talk about how Spring has finally arrived? The sun was shining and it’s starting to get warmer here. I am hoping we don’t see anymore snow for at least a couple months now. I think that means it’s time to celebate with Rapini and Garlic Soup. (See how I did that “segway” there, lol?).
I actually started making this soup a few weeks ago when everyone around me was catching Spring colds. What better way to beat falling “under-the-weather” than with a soup that is made with TWO whole heads of garlic. And no, that’s not a typo. 😉
I’ve included instructions on how to make this soup on the stovetop or in an Instant Pot. Ever since I got my Instant Pot for Christmas last year, it’s been a huge staple in my kitchen and basically all I use to cook with (especially on busy weeknights).
Saute the garlic, onion, herbs, and broccolini in your Instant Pot (or dutch oven). ⇩⇩⇩
Add the lemon juice and water. Cook on *manual* for 4 minutes. Release and stir in the pasta… ⇩⇩⇩
I always like to taste test at the end and add additional herbs, salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes to taste. I love this Rapini and Garlic Soup with a real kick. Enjoy! 🙂
- 2 heads garlic, minced
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 1½ tbsp herbes de provence
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 1 tsp vegetable bouillon
- 1 head rapini, roughly chopped
- 6-7 cups water
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cups pasta (uncooked)
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente (I don't cook the pasta in the Instant Pot, so it doesn't get mushy). Drain and set aside.
- In the Instant Pot, using the sauté setting, sauté the garlic and onions with a splash of water until soft.
- Add the herbs, hot pepper flakes, bouillon, and rapini to the Instant Pot. Sauté for one minute.
- Add the water, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Put the lid on the Instant Pot and pressure cook on the "high pressure" setting for 4 minutes on manual. Use the quick release when the soup is ready.
- Stir in the pasta. Taste test and add extra herbs, hot pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to taste. Garnish with Vegan Parmesan. Enjoy!
- In a dutch oven, over medium-high heat, sauté garlic and onions with a splash of water until soft.
- Add the herbs, hot pepper flakes, bouillon, and rapini to the pot. Sauté for one minute.
- Add water, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Cover the pot and simmer on low for 20 minutes. Add the uncooked pasta. Cook for an additional 7 - 10 minutes until the pasta is cooked. Add additional water, if necessary. Taste test and add extra herbs, hot pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to taste. Garnish with Vegan Parmesan. Enjoy!