Vegan Creamy Cucumber Salad is made with fresh dill and a homemade Creamy Ranch Dressing. The perfect side for a Summer BBQ or to bring to a cookout.
I tried my very first bootcamp last night and it totally kicked my butt! Have you ever attended a bootcamp? I made it to twenty-six without venturing into bootcamp territory but my brother finally convinced me to join him for an outdoor class. I’ve come to understand that because I work at an office during the week, I need to constantly find new ways to be active, so I really had no excuse not to go. I have to say, I was kind of nervous going into the class as I can be pretty uncoordinated and had nooo idea how physically challenging the bootcamp would be. And some parts I was pretty uncoordinated (who can jump lunge, switch legs and shake a heavy rope at the same time?! haha). But, all in all it was a great class and I signed up for ten more!
But let’s chat about today’s recipe: Vegan Creamy Cucumber Salad.↡↡↡
Did you grow up eating Creamy Cucumber Salad? This Vegan Creamy Cucumber Salad is based on a salad I grew up on at family BBQs and get-togethers. I have to say, when I “veganize” an old recipe, I often prefer it to the one I grew up on. The fresh and light tastes of the cucumber, lemon, and dill shine through without the use of sour cream and mayonnaise used in traditional Creamy Cucumber Salad recipes.
I mean I could seriously eat this Creamy Ranch and Dill Dressing with a spoooooon!
[easy-tweet tweet=”The reason I love summer salads so much is that they are soo darn easayyy.” user=”cearaskitchen” template=”light”]
There are THREE steps in total for this Vegan Creamy Cucumber Salad:
1. Chop up the veggies.
2. Whisk up the dressing until creamy smooooth.
3. Toss, toss, toss.
Aaaaand that’s it!
TEN minutes and SIX ingredients later you’ll be in Creamy Cucumber bliss. Enjoy!
- 2 large English cucumbers or 7 to 8 small cucumbers
- ½ medium purple onion, thinly sliced
- Creamy Ranch and Dill Dressing
- 3 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped (plus extra for garnish on top)
- 3 tbsp [url href=”http://amzn.to/2t8wFHE” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]cashew butter[/url]*
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp [url href=”http://amzn.to/2rmq3no” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]sea salt[/url]
- Toss the chopped cucumber and red onion in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dill, cashew butter, lemon juice, water, garlic, and sea salt until creamy and smooth.
- Pour the Creamy Ranch and Dill Dressing onto the vegetables. Toss until the vegetables are creamy and well coated with the dressing. Garnish with extra dill. Enjoy!