These Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies are so easy, healthy and delicious it’s not even funny.
Made with 7 simple ingredients: Almond butter, oats, ground flax seed, maple syrup, vanilla extract, baking powder and chocolate chunks + sea salt if you count that as an ingredient. Which I don’t because technically it’s a finishing touch. 😉
One bite of these Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies and I honestly couldn’t believe they are refined sugar free, flour free, gluten free, butter free, egg free and dairy free. Let’s be honest, sometimes healthy baking experiments work out and sometimes they end up tasting like cardboard. These Vegan Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies are just soooo right.
When J got home from class, he tasted one and quickly reached for another and then another. J will never say that he doesn’t like a recipe perse but he’ll take one bite of something and he’ll politely say that he’ll save the rest “for later”. Let’s just say there were none of these cookies left for later – period. You know a recipe’s good when it’s #boyfriendapproved 😉
These Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies are slightly crispy around the edges, chewy & soft in the middle, gooey, slightly sweet and are filled with rich, melty chocolate chunk puddles. They are SO perfectly comforting straight out of the oven or dunked into a big glass of almond milk. 😉 Happy Baking!
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp oats*
- ½ cup almond butter (room temperature + stirred very well)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp baking powder*
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 360F/180C. Line a baking sheet with a slipmat or parchment paper.
- Blend oats into a fine oat flour. Make sure your almond butter is stirred very well and there is no oil separating on top (if the almond butter is too oily it will result in an "oily" cookie and if the almond butter is too thick it will result in a cookies that's too thick).
- Whisk together almond butter, vanilla extract and maple syrup in a large mixing bowl. One by one, add oat "flour", ground flax seed, baking powder, sea salt and optional cinnamon to to the wet mixture.Whisk together until a thick cookie dough is formed (*the dough will be very thick).
- Fold in ¼ cup dark chocolate chunks.
- Roll cookie dough into balls and place on cookie sheet and pat down with the palm of your hand (*leave an inch apart between cookies). Press a few chocolate chunks on top of each cookie.
- Bake in the oven for 9 - 11 minutes until the cookies start to turn golden brown around the edges.
- Leave to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before removing them from the pan. Enjoy the cookies dipped in some almond milk!
*Make sure to leave cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes to allow them to bind together!
If you do try these Flourless Chocolate Chunk Almond Butter Cookies or any other recipes of mine, I love hearing about it! Insta or Tweet it to me (@cearaskitchen with hashtag #cearaskitchen) or Facebook it to me via the Ceara’s Kitchen Facebook Page!