Since I’ve been home in Toronto my whole routine has been shot out the window. And you know what? It’s kind of nice to have a nice change of pace and switch things up a bit! My chia-seed morning oatmeal has been swapped for pancakes, scrambles, monkey breads and fun family brunches. It’s been great and I’m going to be totally honest I have a new obsession y’all and it comes in the form of a Super Easy Tofu Scramble made with only THREE ingredients!
I can’t take total credit for this recipe – my Stepmom and little sister actually made it for family brunch up a couple years ago and I was more than a little bit suspicious. Tofu? In a scramble? I know, right. But after one bite I was hooked. Now our Easy Tofu Scramble is the centerpiece of our Sunday family brunches – alongside everything else that we always manage to whip up!
Below is a photo from our last Sunday Brunch – so much goodness in one plate! If you look closely you can see the Easy Tofu Scramble in the middle in between the poached tomato with hemp seeds and sauteed mushrooms! We also ended up making a Mediterranean Zatar Salad, Mango Berry Fruit Salad, Blueberry Spelt Waffles and marinated Vegan Mozzarella in Truffle Oil. It’s good to be home 😉 #EatHappyLiveHappy
And this Easy Tofu Scramble is so easy I’m almost embarrassed sharing it. It’s made of:
Extra Firm Tofu.
And that’s it! But some of the easiest recipes are the best, amiright? I love making a complicated meal once in a while, but the easy, simple recipes like this one always end up being the staples in my kitchen that I always come back to. This Easy Tofu Scramble makes the perfect savory, high-protein, low fat and healthy breakfast!
- 1 block tofu (standard size - 350g/12 oz)
- 1 heaping cup of ready-made bruschetta
- 5 big handfuls of baby spinach
- Cut the tofu into very small pieces (kind of like you are dicing an onion - see photo).
- On medium-high heat, warm up bruschetta in a large skillet. Add in diced tofu and sautee for 5 minutes until some of the liquid in the bruschetta has evaporated.
- Add in the baby spinach and sautee until the spinach begins to shrink.
- Serve warm with a piece of toast!