Broccolini Pasta with a creamy, garlic-tahini sauce. Who here loves broccolini?! It is one of my favorite vegetables and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it when this adorable baby broccoli arrived in our organic bin this week. Saute is with LOTS of garlic in a creamy tahini sauce and serve it over bow-tie pasta. Yum.
Happppppy Valentine’s Day guys!!! 💕💕💕 What are your plans for Valentine’s day weekend? I’m snuggled up here in the -30 extreemeeeeeeely cold weather in a small town on Lake Huron in Ontario. There is an actual “extreme cold weather” warning right now as air form the Arctic settles in around the great lakes. Brrr… it’s seriously cold here. When J and I were driving into our weekend Anniversary escape from the city, we couldn’t believe the snow and cold. I told J I’d show him what a “real” Canadian Winter looks like and I am, ha! ❄️❄️❄️ To think, last year we were snuggled up, touring France this time of year, enjoying the mild weather.
Frigid weather like this calls for COMFORT FOOD like this Creamy Garlic-Tahini and Broccolini Pasta! SO absolutely creamy and perfect for the colder-than-ice weather we are experiencing. Roughly chopped broccolini is sauteed in a garlicky, tahini sauce. The “sneaky” ingredient in this recipe (if you can call it that!) is the starchy pasta water. It is is used in the sauce of this recipe and is what make the tahini sauce so incredibly creamy, thick and the perfect texture to saute over pasta…
And did I mention this entire meal comes together in only 20 minutes from start to finish? Making it the perfect Broccolini Pasta to whip up literally any day of the week. Enjoy! 😘Print
Broccolini Pasta sauteed with a creamy, garlic-tahini sauce. A simple and flavorful meal that comes together in only 20 minutes. The starchy pasta water is used in the sauce of this recipe, make the tahini-garlic sauce so incredibly creamy, thick and the perfect texture. Enjoy!
- 1 box farfalle (bow tie) pasta (500 grams)
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 4–6 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 bundles broccolini, roughly chopped
- 1 cup pasta water
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable broth (see note) + a couple tbsp for sauteing
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 – 4 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, boil bow tie pasta in salted water until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the broccoli and sauce. In a large pan, over medium-high heat, sauté onion in a splash of olive oil or vegetable broth for a couple minutes until translucent. Add garlic, basil, smoked paprika and nutmeg. Sauté for a few minutes until the garlic and onion are fragrant.
- Add broccolini and 1/2 cup of the pasta water to the pan. Sauté the broccolini with the onion and garlic until the broccoli is very lightly cooked.
- Add an additional half cup of the pasta water, tahini, olive oil (or vegetable broth), lemon juice and optional nutritional yeast to the pan. Sauté for one minute until the sauce is combined. Taste test and add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the pasta to the pan and toss the pasta in the broccolini and tahini sauce. Garnish with a red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
1) For an oil-free option, replace the olive oil with vegetable broth and use a bit less pasta water when making the creamy tahini sauce. Begin with only 1/2 cup of pasta water to saute the broccolini and add splashes of additional pasta water as needed when sauteing the creamy tahini broccolini with the pasta.
2) Use gluten free pasta for this recipe to be gluten free.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Cuisine: Italian