day of the week Monday should call for cookies. Thick, fat, chewy and melty chocolate chunk filled cookies with a sprinkle of sea salt on top for good measure.
Who agrees?! These Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies are ALL of the above guys PLUS these cookies, like the name says, are made with LOTS of peanut butter.
These Vegan and Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies are inspired by my Chocolate Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies which are one of my favorite cookies to make in the kitchen. Nothing beats a peanut butter cookie recipes guys because they are just so darn SIMPLE to bake up (and munch on, ha!). These cookies call for one bowl, no electric mixer, no flour and only a few ingredients (8 ingredients + sea salt and water) you probably have in your cupboard right now.
I’m going to let these Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies do the talking today guys because I have some BIG news to share with y’all soon. Today is a bittersweet day for me – it’s one of the last days I’m spending in Leuven, the beautiful city where I’ve been studying and living with my partner J for the past two years. We’ve had so many wonderful memories here, I plan on spending the day going back to a few of my favorite spots I’ve fallen in love with while living in this old city. More news to come on that front soon but for now here’s the recipe to these awesome Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies, YUM!
If you do make these Vegan and Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies, it seriously makes my week reading your reactions and feedback. I try my best to respond to every single one of your comments and shots as well! Share your creations with me by writing your feedback in the comments below, tagging me (@cearaskitchen) in your beautiful shots on Instagram or sharing your photo on my Ceara’s Kitchen Facebook page. #EatHappyLiveHappy
- 1½ tbsp chia seeds
- 1 heaping cup all natural peanut butter*
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp unsulfured molasses
- ¾ cup coconut sugar or cane sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt + pinch for on top
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup oats
- 1 - 2 tsp of water
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chunks + 2 tbsp sprinkling on top
- Make your chia "eggs" by mixing together 1½ tbsp of chia seeds with 4½ tbsp of water in a large bowl. Stir. Set aside and leave to thicken until an egg-like gel is formed for 5 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter, vanilla extract and unsulfured molasses to the chie "egg". Mix together with a spoon (the dough will be thick!). Stir in coconut sugar, sea salt, baking soda and oats. Mix together. I like to do this last part with clean hands because the dough is very thick. Add a couple teaspoons of water if the dough is too thick (I added 2 teaspoons of water). Mix in dark chocolate chunks and form the dough into a ball.
- Cover dough and stick in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or in the freezer for 15 minutes (if you are pinched for time!).
- Pre-heat oven to 350F/175C. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat.
- Scoop and roll the cookie dough into 10 -11 equal sized cookies. I like to scoop the cookie dough with a cookie scoop to make this step easier. Place the cookie dough balls on the pan and press them down lightly with the palm of your hand. Press a couple chocolate chunks on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 9 - 10 minutes until the cookies are just baked (do not over-bake them!). Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Leave the cookies to cool on the pan for 5 minutes before moving the cookies to a cooling rack.