Do you guys write your go-to recipes down or do you keep them tucked away in your mind!? A lot of my regular recipes, like this Zesty Avocado Lime Dressing, I have tucked away in my thoughts and never get around to writing down the exact measurements, making the recipe according to taste and memory every time.
One of the reasons I started this blog was so I could keep track of my recipes and hold myself accountable for writing down the exact measurements of dishes and desserts for future use. I often refer back to old recipes on Ceara’s Kitchen for the precise measurements and ingredients I used. And when I made these delicious baked burritos (coming to the blog later this week!) yesterday, I KNEW I had to finally share this Zesty Creamy Avocado Lime dressing with you guys.
This Zesty Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing is my go-to sauce, dip, dressing (whatever you want to call it!) with Mexican food. It is tangy, super creamy (did I mention that already, lol!) with the perfect amount of lime and jalapeno to balance everything out.
If I’m eating this dressing as a dressing-like-dip, I add a bit less water, forming a thick and creamy avocado dip-like dressing.
If I’m using this Zesty Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing as a sauce I add a couple more splashes of water. Guys, the texture and creaminess of this avocado dressing is seriously p e r f e c t for smothering onto warm burritos straight out of the oven. Hubba hubba. 😀
I love seeing your delicious shots and hearing your feedback when making my recipes! If you do make this Creamy Zesty Avocado Dressing, let me know how your creations turn out by sharing your feedback in the comments below, tagging me (@cearaskitchen) in your gorgeous shots on Instagram or sharing your photo on my Ceara’s Kitchen Facebook page. #EatHappyLiveHappy
- 2 avocados
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice*
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro, lightly packed
- ¼ jalapeno pepper*
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ½ tbsp coconut sugar or cane sugar
- ⅓ - ½ cup water
- Add all the ingredients into a blender (I used an immersion stick blender - a high powered blender will also work) and blend for a minute or so until creamy smooth. Note: Start with ⅓ cup of water and add more water by the tbsp until desired consistency is reached. I use ⅓ cup of water if using this recipe as a thick dressing (see photo in bowl) or ½ cup of water if using this dressing as a sauce (see burrito photo).
- Smother onto burritos, tacos, enjoy as a salad dressing or a dip for quesadillas!
2) If you want this dressing spicier, add half of the jalapeno pepper or some of the jalapeno seeds into the dressing before blending it.