My new obsession is no bake cookies like these No Bake Chocolate Coconut Oat Cookies. They are full of chocolate, chewy & soft like a traditional cookie without any baking required!
These cookies are based off a Chocolate Macaroon cookie that is sold in a bakery near my mom’s house. J is obsessed with them. Whenever we visit my mom’s house, there’s sure to be a couple of J’s favorite Chocolate Macaroon cookies laying around that my mom picked up for him. Did I mention that we are the chocolate couple?! We honestly have a cupboard in our apartment dedicated to everything chocolate. You know you’ve met the one you are supposed to end up with when… lol!
When we started dating J used to bring me chocolate almost every day. It didn’t take me long to fall head over heels. I mean a man who showers you with chocolate?! What more could a girl ask for, ha! 😀
We’ve already gone through two batches of these No Bake Chocolate Coconut Oat Cookies this Spring. Probably because they are SO easy to make:
Melt your chocolate and dump all your ingredients in a bowl.
Mix everything up.
And maybe taste “test” a scoop or two…
or three. 😉
Arrange and shape the cookie dough into equal sized cookies with your hands. Things are going to get a little sticky but that’s okay.
You can leave your No Bake Chocolate Coconut Oat Cookies like this and leave them too cool and harden, or…
(OOPS, one is missing!)
Drizzle them with some more chocolate. Because you can never have too much chocolate packed into one coookie, amiright? #Chocaholic
Leave your No Bake Chocolate Coconut Oat Cookies to rest for at least an hour in a cool room or in the fridge and enjoy! These cookies magically harden up into chewy, soft and perfect cookies with no baking required whatsoever! An easy, one-bowl, no bake cookie with minimal prep?! Yes, please!
These are the perfect cookies to bring to a party or have around for a decadent snack. They are so rich, one cookie is more than enough. If your home is cool you can leave them out in a sealed container or else keep them in your fridge so they do not get too soft. Oh and these chocolate macaroon cookies taste amazing sprinkled on your morning oatmeal for a rich treat. 😉 Wishing you a wonderful week!
These No Bake Chocolate Coconut Oat Cookies are naturally gluten free, refined sugar free, oil free and vegan. They are chewy, soft and rich like a traditional cookie and make the perfect treat that all chocaholics will be sure to love!
- 1 1/12 cups quick cooking (or small flake) oats
- 1 cup coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup coconut butter OR coconut oil
- 1/4 cup soy or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar*
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup chocolate chips or dark chocolate squares
- 1/2 tsp coconut butter or coconut oil
- In a a large mixing bowl, mix together oats and coconut fllakes.
- In a small pot, melt coconut butter, soy milk, cooca powder, coconut sugar, sea salt and vanilla extract over over medium heat. Turn down to a low simmer and stir for 2 minutes minutes until the coconut sugar is dissolved and the chocolate is smooth and melted. Stir frequently to make sure the chocolate does not burn!
- Add warm chocolate sauce to oats and coconut and combine together well with a spatula. The dough will be sticky. By the heaping tablespoon, combine dough into balls and flatten them out into a cookie shape (see photo in post). Place side by side on parchment paper. Your hands will get covered in chocolate and it will be a bit sticky but that’s okay. (Note: If you are having trouble getting these cookies to combine/the batter is too sticky use a cookie scoop (sprayed with coconut butter/ coconut oil) and push the dough into the scoop and flip over to place the cookie on the parchment OR dampen your hands with a bit of coconut oil/ coconut butter and firmly press them into the shape of the cookie (like in the recipe photo). After about two cookies you’ll get the hang of it.)
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in the same small pot over medium heat (stirring+ making sure not to burn the chocolate). Drizzle over cookies. Leave the cookies to rest and settle for an hour (You can stick them in the fridge but it’s not necessary unless your home is very warm). Store cookies in the fridge if you are in a hot space! Enjoy!
1) If you use coconut oil, this recipe will no longer be oil-free.
2) You can use any milk of choice but I’ve only tested this recipe with non-dairy milks (soy and coconut – I’m sure almond milk would also work fine).
3) Can replace coconut sugar with sugar of choice. This recipe also works well with cane sugar. Also, adjust sugar to taste. I’ve also made these with only 1/2 cup of coconut sugar and I still love them!
4) Can also melt chocolate mixture (coconut butter, cocoa, milk etc.) in a bowl in the microwave, making sure to check and stir the mixture ever 15 seconds to make sure it does not burn.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
If you try these No Bake Chocolate Coconut Oat Cookies, I LOVE seeing your amazing #CearasKitchen creations. Share your photos with me on Instagram @CearasKitchen and remember to tag #CearasKitchen so I don’t miss it or share it on my Ceara’s Kitchen Facebook page. Happy Un-Baking, friends 🙂