Who is watching the Superbowl or This Is Us tomorrow (or both)?! I love cooking up fun appetizers and hearty foods for game day.
I have to say, This Is Us is definitively my favorite show on TV right now – despite the fact that I BAWL my way through every episode. Tomorrow night, I’ll be munching on these healthy, plant-based wings and hoping for the best with tomorrow’s episode.
These addicting and HOT Vegan Cauliflower Wings are super meaty and fun to make (and eat!). Made with only 8 simple ingredients, you’re only 35 minutes away from serving up homemade, plant-based wings with a real K-I-C-K.
Toss your cauliflower wings in the batter until they are fully coated. ↓↓↓
BAKE, toss in Buffalo Hot Sauce, and bake for just a few minutes more.
I top my Vegan Cauliflower Wings off with Plant-Based Dill Cheese Sauce. Because YUM.
And serve with fresh, celery sticks! Enjoy.
- 2 cauliflower heads (about 6½ cups cauliflower), chopped into wing size pieces
- 1 cup all purpose flour*
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup aquafaba (aquafaba from 1 can of chickpeas)*
- ¾ cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce*
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup vegan cheese sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet or pizza stone with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add aquafaba and whisk until just combined.
- Dab chopped cauliflower with a paper towel - make sure it's completely dry before tossing in the batter (this will help your cauliflower wings become extra crispy!). Toss the cauliflower in the batter until completely coated with the batter.
- Lay cauliflower flat on the baking sheet. Make sure the cauliflower is not too close together or it won't crisp up.
- Bake for 22 minutes until crispy.
- While the cauliflower wings are baking, mix the hot sauce and maple syrup in a small bowl.
- Pour the hot sauce mixture over the baked cauliflower. Continue baking for an additional 5 to 8 minutes (I recommend broiling for the last two minutes for extra crispiness!).
- Serve alongside with dill cheese sauce and celery. Enjoy!
2) Replace aquafaba with water
3) I recommend using Frank's Red Hot Buffalo sauce but if you don't have any on hand and want your wings extra spicy, use regular Frank's Red Hot Sauce