Vibrant and flavorful Mango Salsa that doubles as a colourful Summer salad made with a refreshing lemon-lime vinaigrette. A fun dish to enjoy as an appetizer and bring to cookouts all Summer long!
Where do you shop for produce?! I have a few plants on my downtown-apartment-sized balcony for my herbs, tomatoes and peppers. But just about everything else I get at my local, produce shop which was pretty much one of the finds I was most excited for when we moved into our new place back in March. If you follow Ceara’s Kitchen (CearasKitchen) on Snapchat, you’ve probably seen me shop for produce at the local shop by our place. The fruits and veggies are soooo abundant and plentiful I pretty much want to buy ALL the produce every-time I stop by. And then I remind myself that I have to carry everything home and usually don’t go too overboard. 😉
And this Mango Salsa is no different. When I saw big, juicy mangoes on sale this past weekend I knew I had to put them to some seriously good use.
This Mango Salsa is sooo colourful guys it’s basically Summer on a plate. I seriously can’t get enough of those Ontario, baby, Cherry tomatoes!
I highly recommend making this Mango Salsa a day in advance – the flavours taste even better the next day after all the natural fruit juices and flavors have had time to mingle overnight. And, depending on what you’re in the mood for, you can eat this Mango Salsa with tortilla chips as an appetizer or DIG IN and enjoy as a salad. Enjoy!
- 3 ripe mangos
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half/quartered
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- ½ cup cilantro or parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Cut the mango into half and make 5 cuts both lengthwise and horizontally into the mango (see photo for reference). Scoop out the insides of the mango into a large bowl. Chop and prepare the vegetables and add to the bowl.
- Mix the lemon and lime juice together in a small bowl with a pinch of sea salt.
- Pour the lemon-lime dressing over the salsa. Toss until thoroughly combined! Serve as a side salad or with tortilla chips as an appetizer. Cover and refrigerate to store. Enjoy!