Healthy and hearty Kale and Sweet Potato Burritos make the perfect make-ahead, stick-to-your-bones kind of meal. I love making these burritos Sunday evening for dinner and freezing the leftovers for lunches all week.
How’s your week going guys? It’s sweltering HOT here and I’m kind of obsessed with this gorgeous weather. J’s family is coming to visit and we had a full blown weekend of Summer organization here. I learned this folding technique and I went on an organizing rampage. Have you heard of it before? I am always looking for ways to make more space in our tiny apartment and this tip saved tons of closet space! And, as a plus, my closets are immaculate!!
But let’s talk about these Kale and Sweet Potato Burritos guys! You can’t go wrong. Honestly, who doesn’t L O V E a good burrito.
Especially ones stuffed with sweet potatoes, beans and avocado and drizzled with my super versatile Nut-Free Vegan Cheese Sauce!! (We basically eat this cheese sauce with everything.) YUM. ↓
If you make these Kale and Sweet Potatoes at home, take a photo and tag me #CearasKitchen on Instagram or leave your feedback below.
And these Kale and Sweet Potato Burritos make the ultimate lunches. You guys KNOW I am always looking for new easy lunch recipes that I can just grab and go in the morning before heading off to work. I love making a big batch of these Make-Ahead Kale and Sweet Potato Burritos on Sunday and freezing the rest for easy lunches all week long.
Grill these Sweet Potato Burritos up or pop them in the microwave when your hunger calls! Enjoy!
- 12 tortilla shells (10 inch)
- 2 onions, diced
- 5 garlic cloves,
- ½ tbsp mustard powder
- ½ tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ¼ - ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 can fire roasted green chilis (4 oz. can, I use Trader Joe's)
- 1 can pinto beans, black beans, and kidney beans (*drained and rinsed - about 4½ cups beans, 14 oz. can each)
- 1½ - 2 cups vegetable broth or water (+ extra for sauteing)
- 4½ cups mashed sweet potato
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 heaping cups kale, chopped
- 5-6 drops hot sauce
- 3 avocados, sliced
- 3 stalks green onion, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 424 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a casserole dish with parchment paper or spray with oil.
- In a large deep pan, saute onions and garlic with a dash of oil or vegetable broth until soft. Stir in the spices (mustard powder, paprika, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper), soy sauce, and fire roasted peppers.
- With the back of a wooden spoon (or a potato masher), mash beans into the onion mixture. Add 1½ cup of vegetable broth and mashed sweet potato to the pan. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add Taste test and add salt, pepper, and additional spices to taste.Add additional water if the mixture becomes too thick.
- While the sweet potato mixture is cooking. in a medium pan, saute kale with the nutritional yeast and hot sauce until the kale is lightly cooked.
- Place a large tortilla on a plate. Add ½ cup of the sweet potato mixture, ¼ cup of kale, a couple slices of avocado, cilantro and green onion into each burrito. Tightly roll the tortilla into a burrito. Place "seam-down" on the pan. Continue until you use all the tortillas and sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes until light golden brown on top. Drizzle with vegan cheese sauce, garnish with cilantro and green onion.
- Leave to cool, wrap and place in a freezer safe container to freeze.
go there says
There is evidently a bunch to realize about this. I suppose you made certain good points in features also.
Регистрация на gate.io says
Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long asI provide credit and sources back to your website?My blog site is in the very same niche as yours and my users would certainly benefit from some of the information you present here.Please let me know if this okay with you. Thanks!
order cbd gummies from colorado says
most potent delta 8 disposable
Thank you for writing this post. I like the subject too.
So excited to try these! Now that I have frozen them , how do you recommend reheating?
Is there nutritional info available?
how do you mash the sweet potatoes?
What would be a good replacement for the kale? I like it but my husband doesn’t.
How about spinach or swiss chard? Any greens would work! Enjoy!
How long do these last in the freezer for? And how long do you usually heat them up for in the microwave afterwards?
I made these last night but added coconut milk and a little brown sugar to balance out the spice. Yummy!
I had these at my boyfriends parents house and we all fell in love! I was able to take one a few and my parents loved them as well. I’m making these as we speak to freeze for burritos any time. Thanks ❤
Yay! So happy everyone loved the recipe! 🙂
I am newly vegan and have my eye out for family friendly vegan meals. I just made this and it was soooooo great! It will definitely be a monthly meal at my house. Thanks for sharing!
So happy you and your family enjoyed the burritos, Mary! Thank you for the lovely feedback. 🙂
One Grace Filled Life says
This looks so amazing, and they are on the list to make this weekend! I love the idea to make a bunch, then freeze for later! Genius! Thanks so much for sharing! ❤️
Enjoy the recipe!! <3 🙂
Faaaaaaaaaantastic!!!!! Made these last night, one filled me up quite nicely. Though I did have two because I just had to be a gluten for a few moments. They were they good!!!!
How far ahead in the day do you think I could make these? Any “get ahead” tips? Can’t wait to make these today!!
These look great. Do you think they would freeze well?
They freeze very well! I wrap them individually and reheat them for easy lunches!
Do you freeze these with the avocado or add that later?
They freeze beautifully with the avocado! Enjoy 🙂
Kathryn Grace says
Terrific recipe! We enjoy all of these ingredients, but haven’t tried them in this combo before, so I’m looking forward to making these. Shared it as my pick for Recipe of the Day today on my social media.
P.S. I’m trying to rate it with five stars, but it’s only letting me hit two. What’s that about? This is a 5-star in my book!
Macha Dubois says
This was the perfect meal to make pre-cottage weekend! So filling and delicious, everyone loved it and I have some extra for my lunches (I made a double recipe). I will definetly be making this one again! Thanks Ceara <3
Becky Striepe says
These look so good, Ceara! I love a burrito.