Who ever said vegans couldn’t enjoy a BLT? This Vegan BLT AKA Better Than Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich makes a filling lunch made with tangy and creamy avocado, fresh tomatoes, tempeh bacon, crispy lettuce and hearty bread.
Who agrees that you can’t go wrong with a good sandwich. Especially a sandwich with lots of avocado (Mashed Avocado > Mayonnaise). And based on your reactions on social media, you guys loveeeee a good sandwich. It occurred to me the other day while enjoying this sandwich for lunch that I haven’t shared a sandwich recipe with you in wayyy to0 long.
Some might say a Vegan BLT is an oxymoron but this Better Than Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato sandwich is savory, crunchy + creamy in all the right ways, salty and honestly guys makes the perfect lunch.
And if you haven’t made vegan bacon at home yet, now’s the time to start. I use my Baked Tempeh Bacon recipe in this Vegan BLT. We loooooooove tempeh bacon around here. It’s always a star on our family brunch table and it’s just about the best thing to snack on.
And as a plus, this Vegan BLT is super fun to assemble. ↓↓↓ Find the entire recipe under the step-by-step photos below.
- 6 strips tempeh bacon
- 4 pieces bread
- 1 large avocado
- ½ - 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3-4 pieces fresh lettuce
- 1 large ripe tomato
- Pinch sea salt
- Black pepper
- 2-3 drops Hot sauce
- Prepare the tempeh bacon. Find the recipe for my tempeh bacon here!
- Toast your bread until it is nice and crispy. Note: choose a hearty bread with lots of seeds!
- In a small bowl, mash avocado with ½ tbsp lemon, sea salt, dash of pepper and hot sauce. Taste and add additional lemon (I use the entire tablespoon), salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste.
- Mash the avocado on one side of the toast. Place sliced tomatoes, 3 strips of bacon, and lettuce on top of the avocado.
- Place the second piece of toast on top to form a sandwich. Cut down the middle. Devour!