This soup is too good to keep all for myself! I think it might even be my best soup yet. It has so much flavour, creamy, and comforting 🙂
As the weather gets colder I love a good soup that has some substance. A soup that is thick, filling and super creamy. This soup fulfills my criteria for a yummy autumn soup. It is a bit sweet from the tomatoes with buttery undertones from the pumpkin. Make sure to sautee the basil, cayenne and splash of balsamic in the olive oil before adding the veggies and water to the pot – this ignites the flavours of the spices which marinate into the soup as it simmers. Adding half the can of cooked white beans to the soup before it is blended adds great substance and creaminess to the soup that will leave people wondering how you achieved such a thick and creamy soup without adding any cream or butter!
This hearty soup is a great lunch or perfect mid-afternoon I’m so hungry I can’t wait till dinner snack! Because this soup’s star ingredients are veggies and basil it is full of tons of nutrients that are sure to leave you feeling happy, satisfied and energized (Read more about the health benefits of tomatoes, basil, carrots and pumpkin).
I usually make my soup in bigger portions because I like to be able to enjoy it for about half the week until I slowly become tired of it and make another soup for the rest of the week! Let’s just say there is only one bowl left of this soup and I am no where near tired of it yet!
|I hope that you enjoy this soup as much as we did! It is helping us get through a busy weekend of studying and working relaxing! Wishing you a wonderful weekend filled with lots of love, happiness and good eats 🙂|
- • 1 diced medium sized red or yellow onion
- • 2 diced garlic cloves (or more if you love garlic...)
- • 1 tbsp olive oil
- • 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- • 1/4 cup tightly packed basil
- • 1 tsp cayenne (more or less depending on how spicy you like your soup!)
- • 1 can diced tomatoes (about one heaping cup)
- • 1 can tomato paste (about 4 tbsp)
- • 1 vegetable bouillon cube (or you can just sub in water for veggie broth)
- • 3/4 cup chopped carrots (about two big carrots)
- • 1.5 cups pureed pumpkin or squash
- • 5.5 cups water (*half a cup of water in step one is to sautee onions)
- • 1 can cannellini beans (small white beans - about one heaping cup)
- • salt and pepper to taste
- In a large, deep pot sautee the garlic and onions in half cup of water, over medium-high heat, until slightly browned (about five minutes). Add water when necessary. Watch closely to make sure that a bit of water remains in the pot.
- Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, cayenne and a dash of salt and pepper. Sautee for a couple of minutes to release the flavours of the spices.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, vegetable bouillon cube, carrots, pureed pumpkin, and water (remaining five cups) to the pot.
- Maintain a steady simmer over medium heat. Cook for about 10-15 minutes until the carrots are soft.
- Add halfthe can of beans. Cook for 2 mins.
- Take the soup off of the heat. Using a blender, blend the soup until it is smooth and creamy. Make sure that the soup has cooled down a bit so you don't burn yourself!
- Add the rest of the beans and put the soup back in the pot and simmer for another couple of minutes.
- Taste the soup and add salt and pepper (or cayenne) to taste!
- Voila! Enjoy!
My Question to you:
My favourite part of the weekend is probably vegging out (haha no pun intended with this veggie-filled post!), hanging out with J and catching up with school (haha maybe the school part isn’t my absolute favourite but you get the picture!)…
I tried CBD gummies after the from the word go time full spectrum cbd oil and I’m amazed close how relaxed and peaceful I feel. The tastefulness was mellifluous, and the effect was unmistakeable after surrounding 30 minutes. I’m excited to continue using these gummies and scrutinize other CBD products. Incomparably recommend!
best tips says
I’m really impressed along with your writing skills and also with the layout to your weblog. Is that this a paid topic or did you customize it your self? Either way keep up the nice high quality writing, it is uncommon to look a nice blog like this one today..
Wafa@All in One Secret says
Thanks, dear for sharing such beautiful information with us. But here I have a very quick question that How we can realize our The Health Benefits of Tomatoes ? Hope soon you will write a detailed article to give a complete info about my question.
Another great recipe! 🙂
Thank you so much 🙂 This made my day!