Vegan Creamy Pesto Pasta made with nutty and rich almond butter. This fresh pesto comes together in 20 minutes and uses only FIVE ingredients. Tastes delicious on just about everything from vegan steak to homemade pasta!
Almond butter Vegan Creamy Pesto!? It’s a thing guys. AND it’s aaaahmazing. Almonds are one of my favorite nuts – they are sooo incredibly rich, flavorful, and versatile. Who would have thought that almond butter (unsweetened, of course) makes one of the best and CREAMIEST bases for pesto (up there with avocado) ever.
Can you guys believe that we’re already into the second week of September? I love love love this time of year – I can finally start cooking/baking with #ALLThePumpkin, the Toronto Film Festival is in town, and the leaves are just about to change colour. I also went to my very first Toronto Veg Fest this year which was wonderful! Were you there? I was blown away by all the awesome food and people at the event, especially by this super creamy oat-based ice cream. YUM.
One of my goals for this upcoming Fall is to create even easier meals to share with you guys. I’m talking meals that taste crazy good and can be thrown together after a long day of work or school seamlessly with minimal prep. Because during the week, I want a meal that’s tasty and is ready in a snap like this Almond Butter Creamy Pesto Pasta.
This Vegan Creamy Pesto is definitively very simple and quick to whip up. It’s made with a handful of fresh and flavor-packed ingredients (ones I always have in my kitchen), making it perfect for those busy weeknights after school or work. Hooray for meals that come together in 20 minutes or less that the whole family will love and enjoy!
Creamy Pesto Pasta made with nutty and rich almond butter. This pesto comes together in only 20 minutes and tastes delicious on just about everything from vegan steak to pasta!
- If serving with pasta, in a large pot of boiling and salted water, cook pasta of choice until al dente.
- Add the pesto ingredients (almond butter through to vegetable broth) to a blender. Blend, blend, blend until super creamy and smooth. Taste test and add additional garlic, sea salt or pepper (if desired). The pesto will seem thin, at first, but it will thicken up (trust me!).
- Over medium-high heat, add the pesto to a deep pan and stir for 2-3 minutes until it thickens up. Add additional water or vegetable broth by the tablespoon to reach desired consistency.
- Toss the pasta with the fresh pesto. Enjoy!
1) Use unsweetened roasted or raw almond butter in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Main