Guys, I may just be officially going #BANANABREADCRAZY over here at Ceara’s Kitchen. Okay, Banana Bread aaand salad crazy. I guess the sunshine brings out my love for banana bread and all the salad, ha! And these Healthy Banana Carrot Muffins are honestly my new favorite snack. I mean my two favorite breads baked into one? Yes please!
But seriously, I have a freezer FULL of perfectly ripe bananas that NEED baking. J and I are going to be moving out of our student apartment soon sooooo you just might be seeing a couple more vegan ‘nana bread recipes coming up as I get creative and bake my way through my freezer! I promise to space them out with some other recipes in between.
These Vegan Healthy Banana Carrot Muffins are sooo incredibly, moist soft and fluffy. They are based off of my Oil Free Carrot Cake which quickly became my most popular recipe of Spring!
These full-of-flava Healthy Banana Carrot Muffins are completely oil-free, believe-it-or-not – and I promise you won’t miss the oil or butter one bit. They key to the moisture and softness of these Vegan Banana Carrot Muffins lies in the: molasses + mashed banana + finely grated carrot (*grated as fine as possible for ultimate moisture). These three ingredients seriously bring the moisture and softenes of these muffins to the next level. If you love banana bread and carrot cake, you are going to lurrrve these Healthy Vegan Banana Carrot Muffins!
Oh, and I’m off to Paris on Tuesday guys to meet my parents and two of my younger sibs who are flying in for my graduation! It’s officially been six months since I’ve seen them. #CantWait
I’ll be updating my instagram regularly with a bit of my travels and lots of food! I’m excited to see what fun, vegan eats we can find in the cities we are visiting. After Paris, we are travelling around Belgium for a few days and then off to Amsterdam (one of my favorite cities, yay!). Let me know in the comments below if you have any favorite vegan spots in any of these cities that I need to try! *Stay tuned for some more awesome new recipes coming up this week. 🙂
- 2 cups white spelt flour*
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 390F/200C. Prepare a muffin pan with coconut oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Add ground flax seed and water to a large size bowl, whisk together and leave to thicken up while preparing the dry ingredients.
- In a medium sized bowl, add and mix dry ingredients (spelt flour through to optional nuts) together until evenly dispersed.
- When the flax has reached an egg-like consistency add the rest of the wet ingredients (mashed banana through to finely grated carrots). Whisk together until well combined. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined, *Make sure not to over-mix the batter so your muffins will be super soft and fluffy!
- Scoop the batter into the muffin pan using an ice cream scoop or a ¼ cup measuring cup. Bake for 4 minutes and then turn the oven down to 355F/180C. Bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clear. The amount of time the muffins take to bake will depend on your oven - mine took 17 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and leave to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove from the muffin pan and leave the muffins to cool on a cooling rack. Enjoy with my vegan cream cheese frosting for a real treat!
If you do try these Vegan Healthy Banana Carrot Muffins, I LOVE hearing about it – let me know in the comments below and share #CearasKitchen creations with me by sharing a photo with me on Insta it to me @CearasKitchen with hashtag #CearasKitchen (so I don’t miss it!), Tweet it to me @CearasKitchen or Facebook it to me via the Ceara’s Kitchen Facebook Page! <3