The best Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Bread. This Fall favorite loaf is soft, springy and super moist. Made with pumpkin spice and lots of pumpkin flavor! Pair with a cup of coffee for a real treat.
It’s pumpkin season, it’s pumpkin season, it’s PUMPKIN SEASON! Are you as excited as I am to make all the #pumpkin recipes?! I asked you a couple weeks ago what pumpkin recipes you’d like me to share with you this Fall and got some great ideas and inspiration. I recently went grocery shopping and my kitchen is full of organic pumpkin puree and frozen pumpkin! I’m thinking pumpkin Alfredo, pumpkin curry, pumpkin cornbread, chocolate chip pumpkin cookies… is there anything pumpkin doesn’t taste good in?
BUT first, I thought it would be fun to start off with a classic – Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Bread – made with simple ingredients and without any oil or nuts so my mom can even enjoy some even with her nut allergy.
The tapioca starch and oat flour combo make this Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Bread super light and fluffy. If you don’t currently have any tapioca starch on hand, I would recommend picking some up – it’s a great staple to have around for cooking and baking.
And of course, let’s not forget the s-t-a-r ingredient… PUMPKIN. I use organic pumpkin puree in this Gluten Free Vegan Pumpkin Bread and it really does make a huge difference in the final flavor. I order mine online to save time and money.
- 2 cups oat flour
- ⅓ cup tapioca starch
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia seed + 3 tbsp water)
- 1¼ cups pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup almond milk*
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp unsulfured molasses
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix chia seeds and water together in a medium-size bowl. Stir and set aside to leave to thicken.
- Combine dry ingredients (oat flour, tapioca starch, cane sugar, baking powder, sea salt, and pumpkin spice) together in a large bowl until evenly dispersed.
- Give the chia egg a stir. Add the rest of the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, almond milk, maple syrup, molasses, vinegar and vanilla) to the medium-size bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Whisk until just combined.
- Pour the pumpkin bread batter into the loaf pan. Sprinkle roasted pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake for 45-53 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clear. Leave to cool for 30 minutes. Slice and eat plain, with nut butter or coconut butter. Enjoy!!
2) Based off my Gluten Free Banana Bread recipe.
Try my Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Zucchini Bread too!