Is it okay if I share a couple more pumpkin recipes with you this season? Honestly, there have been sooo many good pumpkin recipes floating around it’s hard to know where to start.
And things have gotten pretty pumpkin craazzayy around here this Fall. I mean, I’ve been putting pumpkin in almost everything we eat. From pancakes, to brownies, to bread, to a mac and cheese recipe I can’t wait to share next week. #swoon
The combination of pumpkin and banana goes without saying. Two of my favourite things to bake with combined in one chocolate-filled, chewy and soft Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Banana bar.
And I love a good pumpkin bar. A hearty bar full of wholesome and healthy ingredients that I can bring along with me to work or school or grab as a quick and nutritious breakfast on-the-go. What’s your favorite snack for when you’re on the move?
If I am going to make a bar for snacking it better be healthy. Something nutrtious that will not only fill me up until my next meal but also be filled with good-for-you and tasty ingredients. And this Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Banana Bar fits the bill. Filled with hearty oats, heart-healthy almonds, nutrient-packed pumpkin and banana and some dark chocolate chunks for good measure. 🙂
These Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Banana Bars are super thick, soft, moist, hearty, ooey-gooey and filled with melty chocolate chunks. They are infused with pumpkin-spice goodness, come together in one bowl and make the perfect breaky or snack! Enjoy 🙂
- Wet Ingredients
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup brown cane sugar*
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil or olive oil*
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup or honey*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar*
- Dry Ingredients
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups oats (or scant 1 1/2 cups oat flour)
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp chopped dark chocolate chunks or semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups oats
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F or 180F. Grease a square baking pan with coconut oil or non stick spray.
- Blend the oats until a fine flour forms (using a blender or an immersion blender).
- Add the pumpkin and banana to a large mixing bowl. Blend or mash the pumpkin and the banana together.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients to the large bowl. Whisk them together until they are fluffy and fully combined.
- Whisk and add the seeds, baking powder, sea salt and spices, one by one, to the wet ingredients in the large bowl. Fold in the oat flour and almond meal until a thick and fully combined batter is formed.
- Fold in the oats and chocolate chunks (1/3 cup) to the batter until the oats and chocolate are evenly dispersed.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Smooth out the top with the back of a spoon and sprinkle the extra tbsp of chocolate chunks on top.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until the bars begin to golden and a toothpick inserted in the bars comes out almost clear.
- Leave the bars to cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Store the cooled bars in a sealed container in the freezer for a couple of weeks or in a sealed container for up to 4 days in the fridge. Enjoy!
If you do try these Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Banana Bars or any other recipes of mine, I love hearing about it! Insta or Tweet it to me (@cearaskitchen with hashtag #cearaskitchen) or Facebook it to me via the Ceara’s Kitchen Facebook Page!