Moist and fluffy Gluten Free Vegan Banana Bread with LOTS of Chocolate Chips (can you ever have too many?!). One bite of this soft and springy banana bread and you’d never guess it is gluten free and made without any nuts or oil!
Hey guys! I’ve missed you and sharing recipes with you this week! What have you been up to?! Anything fun going on this weekend?! It snowed here this past week. SNOW in April. I know, right?! Did it snow where you are? Who else is ready for Spring!?
J and I were knee deep (in snow, lol!) AND getting our new design online this past week. What do you think of the purple?! I’m pretty much in love with it. I took a break from posting recipes last week to iron any wrinkles out in the new design. We had a demo site but somehow when we transferred everything over some elements of the design changed which caused our theme to BREAK (and subsequently go offline for a bit). I didn’t even know that was possible, ha! Anyways, I am SO happy, relieved (and kind of ecstatic) that the new site is online and running smoothly. And my apologies to anyone who tried to visit last week while it was under construction!
But enough about coding and technology issues that are enough to make your head spin (l0l)! Let’s talk about this Gluten Free Vegan Banana Bread!! I’ve been testing out recipes for a 100% gluten free, nut free, oil free (and vegan, of course) banana bread for months now. And I finally found the perfect combination of simple ingredients to get the fluffiest and softest gluten free banana bread ever!
I love baking with oat flour. It’s rustic, healthy, cheap and you can make it at home by blending oats into a fine flour. I’ve found that when I only use oat flour in baking, the results are sometimes too dense for my liking. Have you ever baked with tapioca starch before? It works like magic with oat flour, creating fluffy baked goods without the need for any gluten!
That gorgeous golden color comes from the molasses I used in this Gluten Free Vegan Banana Bread. Molasses does AMAZING things to breads and muffins. It’s the secret ingredients in this Banana Bread, makings it SO incredibly moist, soft and tender.
If you do whip this Gluten Free Vegan Banana Bread at home, I LOVE hearing your feedback! Share your results in the comments below or snap a photo and tag me #CearasKitchen on Instagram. Happy Baking!
Oh, and don’t leave out those chocolate chips…
- 2 cups oat flour
- ⅓ cup tapioca starch
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- ½ cup chocolate chips (+ extra for sprinkling on top)
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia seed + 3 tbsp water)
- 3 large ripe bananas (1¼ cups)
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp unsufured molasses
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray or lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Mix chia seeds and water together in a medium size bowl. Stir and set aside to leave to thicken.
- Combine dry ingredients (oat flor, tapioca starch, cane sugar, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and chocolate chips) together in a large bowl until evenly dispersed.
- Mash the banana in a small bowl. Give the chia egg a stir. Add the rest of the wet ingredients (mashed banana, almond milk, maple syrup, molasses, vinegar and vanilla) to the medium bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Whisk until just combined.
- Pour the banana bread bread batter into the loaf pan. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 45-53 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clear. Leave to cool for 30 minutes. Slice and eat plain, with nut butter or coconut butter. Enjoy!!