A moist, soft and sweet Vegan Lemon Blueberry Cake made with fresh lemon juice and ripe blueberries. Topped off with a “one-minute” lemon glaze. If Summer was a cake, this would be it!!
How are you guys doing? Care to join me for some La la la Lemon Blueberry Cake? My favorite cake of the Summer by far. And I don’t say that lightly. This Lemon Blueberry Cake is soooo incredibly moist, soft and tasty. And it’s supeeeeeeeeer lemony with lots of bright, purple blueberries mixed in!
I almost called this cake “Magic” Lemon Blueberry Cake because it pretty much is magic. The blueberries “disappear” when baking and only reappear when you flip the cake over out of the pan. I made this cake for J’s family when they came to visit and it was a huge hit with everyone. I especially love this Vegan Lemon Blueberry Cake for brunch. Everyone is always amazed when the magic blueberries appear! 🙂
Top with my “One Minute Lemon Glaze”. You are going to want to put this 3-ingredient lemon glaze with everyyyything all Summer long.
And eat warm… or cold for breakast, dessert,
or dinner. Enjoy!
And have you heard? I am hosting a Plant-Based Picnic in the Park soon! You are invited. Find the details here.Print
A moist, soft and sweet Lemon Blueberry Cake made with fresh lemon juice and ripe blueberries. Topped off with a “one-minute” lemon glaze. If Summer was a cake, this would be it!!
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup blueberries (plus extra for on top)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups coconut cream (from a can, I used Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 9 inch round baking pan with coconut oil spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, and sea salt) together in a large bowl. Stir in blueberries until they are covered with the flour mixture.
- If your coconut cream is separated, take it out of the can and blend it so it is combines into a creamy mixture. Whisk the wet ingredients (lemon juice, zest, coconut cream, and vanilla extract) together in a medium bowl until creamy.
- Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the well. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Pour the cake batter into the pan. Smooth out the top with a wooden spoon. Bake for 35-40 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clear.
- For the lemon glaze, while the cake is baking in the oven, whisk the lemon glaze, cane sugar, and melted coconut butter together until creamy and smooth.
- Leave the cake to cool for 20 minutes before removing from the pan. To remove the cake from the pan, carve around the cake with a knife to remove any cake sticking to the side of the pan. Place a large plate on top of the cake. Quickly flip the cake over and tap the back of the pan to release the cake from the pan. Leave the cake to cool for 10 more minutes before topping with the lemon glaze. Sprinkle cane sugar and blueberries on top.
1) Sub whole wheat pastry flour for organic all purpose flour.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Dessert