Vegan Spicy Peanut Noodles made with all natural peanut butter, crispy tofu and bok choy! This is a simple meal with a lot of flavour, awesome textures and a real spicy kick.
How was your weekend guys?! I’m so happy Spring in here! Is it nice weather where you are? It was chilly here this weekend but with lots of sunshine so I’m not complaining. I even made it out for my first run outside in wayyy too long (followed by this breakfast).
It felt great to get out and run with J and get back into it. There are lots of cool running routes nearby our new place to explore. I love how many parks there are throughout Toronto to enjoy!
Okay, let’s talk about these Vegan Spicy Peanut Noodles. Holy moly are they good. I threw this dish together Friday after work and it was kind of those “add a little bit of this and that” meals – you know the kind where you attack the fridge and spice drawers and add whatever you have on hand – well, the results turned out so incredibly delicious.
The peanut sauce is simple. Soya sauce, peanut butter, maple syrup, lemon juice, some miso and spices. You can control how spiceyy you want these Vegan Spicy Peanut Noodles by the amount of red pepper flakes you add.
Add the supa crispayy tofu, your veggies – the bok choy and soy sprouts give this dish a real crunch – and the fresh rice noodles. Toss in the wok and serve with lots of cilantro, green onion, chopped peanuts and more red pepper flakes if you like it hot! If you guys make these Vegan Spicy Peanut Noodles at home, leave a comment below or add me on Instagram, snap a shot and tag me #CearasKitchen! Have a great day guys! #EatHappyLiveHappy
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup peanut butter, all natural
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ - 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp basil
- 420 gr/14 oz firm tofu
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 2 cups water
- 3 boy choys, hard bottom removed and roughly chopped
- 4 cups soy sprouts
- 455 grams rice noodles
- Handful cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Peanuts, chopped
- Hot Pepper flakes
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients (soy sauce, maple syrup, miso pasta, lemon juice, peanut butter, ginger, red pepper flakes, garlic powder and basil) until smooth and well combined.
- Spray a medium pan with non-stick cooking spray. Over high heat, "fry" and toss tofu cubes until lightly crispy.
- Boil water (I use my kettle). Add rice noodles to a large pot or bowl. Pour boiled water over the noodles until all the noodles are covered with water. Leave to soak while cooking preparing the rest of the meal.
- Meanwhile, in a large wok, over medium heat, saute onion and garlic with a few splashes of water until translucent. Add zucchini and saute until soft. Add bouillon cube, water and peanut sauce to the wok pan. Cover and leave to cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add crispy tofu to the wok.
- Once cooked, drain and rinse the rice noodles. Add to the wok pan. Add the bok choy and soy sprouts to the wok. Lightly toss the noodles, turn off the heat and cover for 2 minutes.
- Garnish the spicy peanut noodles with cilantro, green onion, peanuts and hot pepper flakes. Enjoy!