Did I mention the dough is super delicious – I recommend licking the spoon! The best part about vegan baking? Not worrying about consuming raw eggs when licking the spoon because we all do it anyways 😉 These bars are super easy to make – mix them up, let them cool off in the fridge, bake them and voila your oat bars are ready to be enjoyed for a mid-day energizing boost. Putting them in the fridge for at least 30 minutes is a crucial step – this ensures that they will get nice, puffy and soft when you bake them. The first time I made these I skipped this step and I ended up with a flat and crispy oat bar.. So leave them in the fridge, study, run an errand or go for a jog – your oat bars will be waiting for you to be baked when you’re back 🙂
- 1½ cups roughly processed oat flour (2 cups oats)*
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup cane sugar*
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tbsp chia seeds + 3 tbsp water (= Chia "egg")*
- 2 heaping tbsp unsweetened applesauce*
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil*
- ¼ cup milk of choice (almond, coconut, cashew...)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- splash vanilla
- 45 grams dark chocolate (broken up into little pieces; usually one chocolate square = 10 grams) (or ⅓ cup chocolate chips)
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºf or 180ºc.
- Put Chia seeds in a small size bowl with water and mix.
- Roughly process 2 cups of oats. Measure out 1½ cups of oats (you will have a bit left over).
- Put dry ingredients in a medium size bowl (with oat "flour"). Mix.
- Put wet ingredients in a large bowl (with chia egg - your chia seeds should have thickened up to a gooey egg like consistency). Whisk together until very smooth and creamy.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until moist dough forms.
- Fold in dark chocolate "chips".
- Put in fridge for 30 minutes of more.
- Spread into a lightly greased baking pan. Smooth out with a metal spoon.
- Bake for 15 -17 minutes (until the top of the bars are slightly golden brown.)
- Let sit for 10 minutes and Voila! Enjoy!
Cassie Gallop says
Hi cearaskitchen.com administrator, Good to see your posts!
What is Article Forge says
Hi cearaskitchen.com webmaster, Keep up the great work!
Carlos Lockard says
Hello cearaskitchen.com owner, You always provide clear explanations and definitions.
Adrian Rhyne says
Hello cearaskitchen.com webmaster, Your posts are always on point.
Nina Strand says
Hello cearaskitchen.com admin, Keep sharing your knowledge!
Rolando Kelynack says
Dear cearaskitchen.com administrator, Your posts are always well received by the community.
Jeannette Toomey says
Dear cearaskitchen.com administrator, Excellent work!
click here says
Howdy! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be ok. I’m definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.
Athena Ferrara says
To the cearaskitchen.com owner, Your posts are always well-cited and reliable.
Teresa Ferry says
Dear cearaskitchen.com owner, You always provide great resources and references.
I’d like to find out more? I’d love to find out more details.
Boosting Your Website’s Rankings says
Hi cearaskitchen.com webmaster, Your posts are always well-referenced and credible.
Willa Virgo says
Hello cearaskitchen.com administrator, Your posts are always well researched and well written.
Lobstodile gamblers-united.net says
one dollar deposit casinos canada
Pearl Lamble says
Hello cearaskitchen.com webmaster, Your posts are always insightful and valuable.
Krurcun gamblers-united.net says
this is the best n1casino
Kasha Lair says
To the cearaskitchen.com webmaster, Your posts are always on point.
The Beaked Eel gamblers-united.net says
one dollar deposit casinos
Kathlene Monroy says
Dear cearaskitchen.com webmaster, You always provide key takeaways and summaries.
Quinn Cheirs says
This website was… how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I’ve found something that helped me. Thanks a lot!
Oscar Rawat says
Great site you’ve got here.. It’s hard to find good quality writing like yours these days. I really appreciate people like you! Take care!!
Santiago Bodenwieser says
Hi cearaskitchen.com owner, Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Lorenza Durkin says
Dear cearaskitchen.com admin, Your posts are always well-referenced and credible.
Ines Whitelegge says
Dear cearaskitchen.com owner, You always provide useful information.
Refugio Rymill says
Dear cearaskitchen.com administrator, Keep up the great work!
Damaris Eisenhauer says
Hello cearaskitchen.com webmaster, Thanks for the detailed post!
I don’t see the recipe for the oat bars. I need to eat those!! They look so good!
I made these today, but swapped the chocolate for raisins & chopped nuts, and they’re delicious! So far every one of your recipes has been a total success! Thanks Ceara! 🙂
Thank you, Joanne! I am so happy you enjoyed the bars and are loving the recipes 🙂
These look delicious! Do you think I could replace the chia egg with a flax egg?
I haven’t tried these bars with a flax egg but I am sure it would work just fine! Let us know the results if you end up trying it! Happy Baking 🙂
I have to confess Ceara. You are a genius. You always create healthy alternatives to cakes and cookies without compromising on taste. These oat bars look fabulous. The best thing about them is that they are loaded with chocolate. pinned.
Wow! Thank you so much Hadia <3 Your kind words truly mean a lot to me! Hehe, anything loaded with chocolate is a plus for me 🙂 Thanks for the pin!!
This looks delicious! I’m always looking for breakfasts I can prepare ahead of time and just grab when I’m heading out in the morning.
Thanks Indira! These are some of my favourite bars to take on the go! 😀