Remember my Avocado and White Bean Baked Burritos I recently shared with you guys!? I was blown away by the extra melty, creamy and rich element that the warm avocado brought to the recipe. Well, they got me thinking about recipes to whip up using warm avocado. Up until a few weeks ago, I had been enjoying my avocado cold in the form of guac or creamy dressings.
I like using my Favorite Guacamole in these Easy Guacamole Quesadillas because of the corn, tomatoes, red onion, lime juice and fresh cilantro incorporated into the guacamole recipe. I’m guessing you can probably get away with store bough guac if you are in a pinch but using freshly made guacamole in these super ‘n quick Quesadillas really does make all the difference! (Click the photo below for the guacamole recipe!)
And by easy I mean all you got to do for this “recipe” is slather some guac onto a tortilla wrap (use gluten free tortilla wraps if necessary), toss some shredded carrots, fresh cilantro, green onion and
LOTS a few drops of hot sauce on top.
The final step is grilling your Vegan Guacamole Quesadillas lightly until they are perfectly crispy on the outside and oozing with warm guacamole on the inside, YUM!
If you do whip up these Gluten Free Vegan Guacamole Quesadillas in your kitchen, I seriously love reading your reactions and feedback. Share your creations with me by writing your feedback in the comments below, tagging me (#cearaskitchen) in your beautiful shots on Instagram or sharing your photo on my Ceara’s Kitchen Facebook page. Have a beautiful day guys! #EatHappyLiveHappy
(Note: I’m having trouble linking to the guacamole I used in this recipe – here is “My Favorite Guacamole Recipe” I refer to!)
- 1 serving of My Favorite Guacamole
- 4 large tortilla wraps
- 1 heaping cup shredded carrots
- handful of cilantro sprigs, chopped
- handful of green onion, chopped
- hot sauce
- olive oil (for lightly coating quesadillas)
- Prepare 1 serving of my Favorite Guacamole Recipe.
- Lightly brush the tortillas with olive oil. Fill the quesadillas by placing 1 cup of guacamole in the tortilla. With the back of a spoon, spread the guacamole out towards the side of the tortilla wrap (see photo). Evenly sprinkle ½ cup of the shredded carrots on top. Toss a small handful of chopped cilantro and green onion on top with a few shakes of hot sauce. Place the second tortilla wrap on top.
- On medium heat, in a non-stick skillet, transfer the quesadilla to the pan. Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes (carefully flipping the quesadilla so it doesn't fall apart!) until warm on the inside and nice and crispy on the outside.
- Cook second quesadilla the same way (you will have a bit of guacamole left over).
- Cut into quarters. Garnish with chopped cilantro and green onion and serve with remaining guacamole.
2) Use a non-stick pan to make these oil-free. I prefer them with a light brush of olive or avocado oil before placing them in the pan.
3) I used large tortilla wraps for this recipe. If you are using smaller wraps you will need to adjust the amount of guacamole and shredded carrots in each quesadilla.