So what’s the catch to these easy and mouth-watering Peanut Butter Flourless White Bean Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups? [Other than the fact that they are made without any grains, oils, and are 100% vegan] They contain one very special ingredient – and before you go on judging – I’ve made these for numerous people who have gobbled these babies up unsuspecting of the healthy secret ingredient used instead of flour and butter. Are you ready for it?
These cookie cups taste best when warm. I recommend warming them up in the microwave for 10-25 seconds before munching on them for maximum ooey, gooey chocolate chip cookie goodness. Adjust cinnamon or vanilla to taste. Adjust honey/syrup by the tablespoon if you prefer a very sweet cookie (these cookies are moderately sweet). Make sure to rinse your bean before adding them to the food processor to achieve maximum cookie taste!
- 2 1/2 cups rinsed white beans (or chick peas)
- 1/3 cup honey, agave, or maple syrup (honey not for strict vegans)
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter (or peanut butter substitute)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup plus 2-3 tbsp chocolate chips (extra tbsp for sprinkling on top)
- Pre-heat oven to 350f / 180c.
- Add all the ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) to a food processor in order and blend away until you get a very smooth batter. Carefully scrape sides when necessary. Batter should be thick like cookie dough. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Grease a muffin tan with a non-sticking cooking spray or coconut oil. Scoop approximately 2 tablespoons of batter into each muffin tin. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out the tops. Sprinkle a few of the remaining chocolate chips on each cookie cup.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes until the tops are turning a slight golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool in tin slightly for about 3 -5 minutes. Scrape around the cookie cups with a knife to loosen up any edges that are sticking to the pan. Once the cookie cups have cooled, carefully lift each one out of the muffin tin, propping them up with a knife, onto a plate.
- Devour, Share and Enjoy 🙂
Nutritional Benefits: A healthy dose of healthy fats, protein, iron and B6 – plus these treats contain absolutely no cholesterol!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 2329
- Sugar: 149g
- Sodium: 6074mg
- Fat: 92g
- Saturated Fat: 26g
- Unsaturated Fat: 56g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 311g
- Fiber: 49g
- Protein: 87g
- Cholesterol: 19mg