It’s just sooo bright, refreshing, nutritious and light. I could honestly eat it every night of the year and be one very happy gal.
But I usually wait until the juicy, vibrant, plump, red tomatoes start coming into season. Fresh, organic tomatoes in this salad really make all the difference.
Let’s talk for a second about the sandy, wintertime tomatoes offered in the grocery store all winter long. Blech!! Honestly, if you use those grainy, tasteless tomatoes in this salad you’ll be sorry! The tomatoes are the s-t-a-r of this Mediterranean Cucumber Tomato Salad so choose the freshest and juiciest ones you can find! 😉
No sandy tomatoes here.
Unless you are eating this Mediterranean Cucumber Tomato Salad on a sandy beach in the actual Mediterranean. And in that case, I am very jealous.
Do you guys have a particular dish that reminds you of a certain place? One reason I love this salad so much is because it reminds me of the Aegean sea in Turkey. My wonderful Stepmom is Turkish and whenever the family goes back to visit her folks, this salad is one of my favorite dishes. I probably eat it everyday I am there.
I mean, look at that plate of delicious food!!
The sea + the hot sun + family + this salad – what more could a girl ask for? #BringOnTheSalad #BringMeBackToTheSea 😉
Can you guys tell I’m having vacation nostalgia as I finish up this Master’s, lol! Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend wherever you are in the world 🙂Print
A light, vibrant, easy to throw together Mediterranean Cucumber Tomato Salad perfect alongside any savory meal all Summer long. Use a mix of both cilantro and parsley or one or other depending on your taste preference.
- 6–7 organic tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cucumbers, chopped
- 1 hot red pepper (seeds in if you like a “kick”!)
- 1 stalk green onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup cilantro/parsley chopped
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Chop up all the vegetables and cilantro/parsley. Throw the chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, red peppers (seeds in if you like a spicy “kick”). green onion and chopped parsely/cilantro into a large bowl.
- Pour in the freshly squeezed lemon juice and sea salt. Stir together. Add in additional sea salt or lemon juice to taste. Enjoy!
1) Do a mixture (half and half) of parsley and cilantro or use entirely one or the other instead for a slightly different take on this salad.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
If you try this Mediterranean Cucumber Tomato Salad, I love hearing about it and seeing your delicious #CearasKitchen creations. Share your photos with me on Instagram @CearasKitchen (and remember to tag #CearasKitchen so I don’t miss it!) or share it on my Ceara’s Kitchen Facebook page.