Bright and creamy Vegan Avocado Pesto Pasta with Burst Cherry Tomatoes that will have you coming back for seconds! This flavorful oil free and luscious avocado pesto is a simple meal to make for dinner and is on the table in only 25 minutes from start to finish.
Okay, if you guys haven’t guessed it by now, my favorite food is pasta. Pasta, pasta, pasta (learn how to make my homemade vegan pasta recipe, here). I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday. I don’t, but I definitively could!! What’s your FAVORITE food? Like if you had to choose just one food in the whole, entire world.
Mine might just be this Vegan Avocado Pesto Pasta… I’ve been making avocado pesto for awhile now but I added a couple extra ingredients when I was preparing it last week that takes the flavors of this simple vegan pesto to a whole ‘nother level!!
I mean look at that silky Vegan Avocado Pesto sauce…
The secret ingredients are… Kalamata olives and a little bit of olive brine (the salty liquid the olives are stored in).
Okay, olive haters, just wait one second before you click away. You like olive oil, right?!? That distinct flavor that is olive-y but not toooo olive-y. Well, that is what the kalamata olives and olive brine do to this Simple Vegan Avocado Pesto. They bring just the right amount of olive flavor without being overpowering to even the biggest olive critics. Trust me.
Plus who can resist those burst cherry tomatoes?!
Me sneaking a snap in while photographing… Are you following me on snapchat yet? Add “CearasKitchen” to see what’s going on in my kitchen on a daily basis.
This Creamy Vegan Avocado Pesto Pasta is my go-to for any night of the week. It’s so easy to make and is always a big hit with everyone at the table. One bite and you’ll seriously be hooked. If you guys do make this Vegan Avocado Pesto Pasta at home, I love hearing what you think. Leave your feedback below or snap a photo and tag me #CearasKitchen on Instagram. Have a beautiful day everyone!Print
Vegan Avocado Pesto Pasta with Burst Cherry Tomatoes. This oil free avocado pesto is an easy meal to make for dinner and is on the table in only 25 minutes.
- 1 box pasta
- 3 heaping cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, large
- 3 cloves garlic
- Small handful cilantro (optional, about 1/4 cup)
- 2 large handfuls basil (1 cup packed)
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pit removed
- 2–3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive brine
- 1 – 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente while preparing the burst cherry tomatoes and pesto sauce.
- Warm a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the cherry tomatoes to the pan with sea salt and pepper. Leave the tomatoes to cook in the pan for two minutes and then toss them lightly. The tomatoes will begin to “burst” over the high heat.
- Prepare the pesto sauce by blending together all of the pesto ingredients (avocado through to nutritional yeast). Taste and add additional lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add the pasta to a large bowl and toss with the pesto sauce and burst cherry tomatoes. Garnish with additional basil and serve.
Leave out the cilantro if you are not a fan of cilantro in recipes.
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Main