The world’s fluffiest DIY Whipped Body Butter made with only FOUR ingredients – shea butter, coconut, argon and essential oils. This heavenly homemade body butter is soo soothing and moisturizing without being oily or greasy at all.
Do you make your own beauty products at home? I started recently and I’m looooving it. My favorite creation so far is this amazing FLUFFY Homemade Whipped Body Butter. This stuff is unreal, guys. I started making this DIY shea body butter recently and haven’t been able to get enough of it. My skin has been soaking-it-up (literally, lol!), especially as the weather gets colder.
I love that when you make your OWN beauty goodies you can truly choose what you put on your skin. And I chose to put my favorite three skin-care ingredients in my Homemade Whipped Body Butter. ↓↓↓
1: Shea butter is magic on dry, chapped skin. It contains Vitamin A & E and is also said to help with skin inflammation and even contains anti-ageing properties.
2: Coconut Oil is another favorite of mine. It is antifungal and contains Vitamin E. It is also supeeeeerrr moisturizing and smells delicious.
3: Argon Oil is not just great on your hair, it soaks right in, nourishing your skin with antioxidants, Vitamins A & E. A little bit goes a long way!
If I knew how easy it was to make body butters at home, I would have started a long time ago. Measure and add all the ingredients in a deep bowl and whip them with an electric mixer until they are super FLUFFY! You will have to scrape down the sides a couple times, and in total, your Whipped Body Butter will mix for about 5 minutes. The final texture should be “whipped” like icing and if you turn your bowl upside down it should not fall out.
I have tried out this Homemade Whipped Body Butter in many ways and these are my favorite uses so far:
- All-over body cream
- Under eye cream before bed (it seriously helps with tired, puffy eyes)
- Hand, nail and cuticle cream
- After wax/shave cream (it is very soothing on sensitive areas)
- Foot cream (with mint essential oil – I love putting on a thick coat on my feet with socks before bed )
- Soothing cream on irritated skin
If you make this Homemade Whipped Body Butter at home, let me know your favorite way to use it below or snap a photo and tag #CearasKitchen on Instagram.
And depending on what you are using it for, you can “flavor’ your Whipped Body Butter to your taste with a few drops of essential oil. Or, if your prefer, you can always leave it “au naturel”. Store your Whipped Body Butter in a clean, sealable container like a jar. Tie a ribbon around it and you even have a fun, homemade gift for someone special. Enjoy! 😉
- Add all the ingredients to a deep bowl.
- Begin mixing the ingredients with an electric mixer on low. Scrape down the sides a few times. Once the ingredients begin to combine, incrementally increase the speed of the mixer until it is on high. Whip for a total of five minutes until your Whipped Body Butter is super fluffy. You will know when it's ready when the final texture is “whipped” like icing and, if you turn your bowl upside down, it does not fall out.
2) Make sure to check the ingredients on your argon oil bottle. There should just be argon oil listed! A lot of argon oils are cut with vegetable oil and other oils.
3) Both the coconut oil and shea butter should look like the ones I've used in the pictures. This means that they should not be in a liquid state (this will make a super oily lotion and it will not fluff up). The shea butter should be firm but creamy and the coconut oil should be slightly firm.
4) I have not tried this recipe with yellow shea butter, only with the one I've linked in this recipe which yields great results.