Vegan Mexican Corn on the Cob makes a flavorful Summer side inspired by the flavors of Mexican cuisine. Freshly grilled corn is slathered in a smokey-tangy, avocado and lime dressing with a kick!
Hey guys! How have you been? It’s full BLOWN Summer here. Hot, beautiful and gorgeous Summer. This is my first (full) Summer I’ve spent in Toronto in almost 6 years and it feels good to rediscover the city during these hot months.
I’ve talked on the blog before about balance (with a capital B!!). Balance is something I’m always working towards and working on. It’s so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Lately, I’ve felt like I blink and it’s already Friday – the weeks have just been flying by. I’ve made a promise to myself this Summer to make more time for myself to throw myself into the things I LOVE like running, making recipes, sharing recipes with you guys and simply enjoying the lovely Summer here in Toronto. Here’s to continually finding and living that balance.
But now let’s talk about this Vegan Mexican Roasted Corn. Holy moly is it super, tasty and it’s tossed in LOTS of avocado. YUM.
This Mexican-inspired street corn has ALL my favorite flavors of Summer with lots of cilantro, refreshing tang from the lime and sooo much flava from the smoked paprika. If you haven’t started cooking with smoked paprika yet it is time to start – it is definitively one of my most used spices in the kitchen. I can’t get enough of that smokey goodness.
And this Vegan Mexican Street Corn could not be easier to make. Roast your corn, toss it straight from the grill in the thick avocado dressing and devour!! This Roasted Avocado Corn is such a fun side to serve at cook-outs and barbecues all Summer long. And if you do make this Vegan Mexican Corn at home, I love hearing about it!! Snap a photo and tag me #CearasKitchen on Instagram or share your feedback in the comments below.
- 6 corn cobs
- ½ avocado
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped (+ extra for garnish)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- 3-4 Splashes hot sauce
- 2 tbsp panko breadcrumbs (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Prepare and heat the grill/bbq.
- While the grill is heating up, in a medium size bowl, mash together the avocado with the garlic, cilantro, lime juice, water, nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, ¼ tsp cayenne,
saltand pepper. Taste and hot sauce and add additional salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.
- Grill the corn for 10 minutes until the kernels are tender and there are grills marks on the corn.
- Place the roasted corn on a deep plate. Spread the avocado mixture on the corn and lightly toss until the corn is coated with the avocado mixture.
- Garnish with panko, smoked paprika and cilantro.
- Alternative No BBQ Method: Fill a large pot with water until it is about ¾ of the way full. Add the cobs of corn to the pot. Bring the water to a boil and cook for 8-10 minutes until the corn is tender. When the corn is cooked, grill it in a cast iron skillet to get the roast marks. Spread the avocado mash over the corn and garnish.