Chocolate Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies with only FIVE ingredients! I think we can all agree that peanut butter + chocolate is one of the best flavor combos ever. Peanut Butter is one of those things that we were never allowed as kids (due to my mom’s allergies) and well, chocolate.. enough said. My love for munching on, baking and cooking with peanut butter has not subsided ‘till this day. These Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies fit the bill. 😉
J doesn’t get my obsession with Peanut Butter. He tried it for the first time a few years ago when we met in France (Yes, I did bring a jar with me from home #sorrynotsorry) and he seriously did not get what the big deal was about. But after a couple years of living together my love for peanut butter has rubbed of on him. We’ve been enjoying these Chocolate Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies all week long as a delicious and decadent post workout or late night snack! #EatHappyLiveHappy
These Chocolate Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies are as easy as mixing five simple ingredients in a bowl and baking them for 10 minutes – that means you are only 15 minutes away from enjoying these much healthier, fudgey, soft, thick and chewy Chocolate Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies anytime of day… or night 🙂
And if you want you can leave a few peanut butter swirls in the batter – below are the cookies I made from the first batch. Peanut Butter + Chocolate = love 😉
Am I the only one who loves a homemade, “rustic” looking cookie like this one? Wishing you a great week!
And if you do try these Chocolate Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies, I love hearing about it! Insta or Tweet it to me (@cearaskitchen with hashtag #cearaskitchen) or Facebook it to me via the Ceara’s Kitchen Facebook Page!
- 1 tbsp flax + 3 tbsp water (flax “egg”)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup brown cane sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup all natural peanut butter (stirred very well)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 355f/180c. Line cookie sheets with a slipmat or baking paper.
- Mix together the flax and water in a large bowl. Leave to sit for five minutes to thicken - this is your “flax egg”.
- Add cocoa powder, brown cane sugar and sea salt to the flax “egg”. Mix and cream ingredients together with a spatula.
- Add peanut butter to the mixture. Stir in the peanut butter until the batter is well combined - the batter will be very thick. *Make sure that the peanut butter is well stirred before adding into the cookie batter; Warming it for a couple seconds in the microwave before adding it to the batter will make the cookie batter easier to stir.
- Stir in chocolate chips, reserving 1 tbsp to press into the tops of the cookies.
- By the tbsp, scoop cookie dough and roll into cookie dough balls with the palms of your hands. Place an inch apart on the lined baking sheet. Press a couple chocolate chips onto the tops of each cookie. Using a fork, flatten each cookie using a criss-cross pattern (*the cookies will not spread out).
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and leave the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before removing.
*Tip #1 -To measure peanut butter, stir it well and warm it up in the microwave for a couple seconds before measuring it and stirring it in the batter. This will also make it easy to stir the thick cookie batter.
*Tip #2 - Spray the measuring cup with non-stick spray before measuring your peanut butter - this will make for an easy clean up!
*Tip #3 - If your cookie dough feels really "sticky", stick your cookie dough in the fridge for 10 - 15 minutes before baking. This will depend on the type of all natural peanut butter used.