Did you know you can make nut butter at home in only NINETY seconds in a high-powered blender?!? This nut butter went from nuts…
to drizzly, creamy and SO incredibly perfectly spreadable NUT BUTTER in ZERO to NINETY seconds flat. Am I the only one who can’t help but drool at freshly blended nut butter? #Yum.
Have you ever made nut butter at home with a blender?! My food processor never failed me in making DELICIOUS nut butter but it was always bound to be a LONG process. I used to spend at least a good hour making nut butter in my old food processor. From roasting the nuts in the oven to processing the nuts in my food processor (giving it breaks every five minutes so the engine wouldn’t burn out and scraping down the sides every two minutes, lol) until I got nut butter. I swear I even smelt burning once or twice from working my food processor too hard, ha!
I could hardly believe it when I learned you can make EASY Nut Butter in the Vitamix in under two minutes. I used my new Personal Vitamix Blender we recently got and I’ve been having so much fun testing it out (note, this is NOT a sponsored post for Vitamix, I just seriously love this blender!).
Roast the nuts (in a pan to save time) AND BLEND. There’s nothing else to it. No breaks or side scraping required.
Just watch this nut butter magic.
Pecan and Cashew Butter is one of my favorite nut butters to make at home because it is so darn decadent but experiment with whatever nuts you have on hand with this “recipe”. The nut butter possibilities are endless and it just takes 90 seoncds…. seriously! Somebody pass me a spoon to dig in 😉 And guys, if you DO blend this 90 second Easy Nut Butter up, leave your feedback below, on my Facebook page or snap a photo and tag me #CearasKitchen on Instagram! #EatHappyLiveHaappy
- 3 cups nuts (I used 2 cups pecans and 1 cup cashews in this recipe)
- pinch sea salt (optional)
- pinch cinnamon (optional)
- Warm up a pan or skillet on medium-high heat. Roast nuts for about 5-8 minutes until they begin to lightly brown on the outside. Toss the nuts in the pan to ensure they do not burn!
- Add the nuts to the high-powered blender. Blend starting on the lowest speed and gradually work your way to the highest speed. Use the tamper to help the nuts blend into nut butter by pressing down on the nuts as they blend.
- Blend for 90 seconds to 2 minutes until your nut butter appears. Feel free to blend for an extra 15 to 30 seconds on a low speed if you prefer a runnier nut butter. Do not exceed this amount of time or the oil will begin to separate from the nut butter. NOTE: This nut butter will NOT work with a standard blender that is not high-powered like a Vitamix.
- Add a pinch of sea salt or cinnamon (optional).
- Scoop your nut butter into a jar and store in the fridge. Clean your blender by making a smoothie in your blender!
go there says
Hello there, You have done a great job. I will definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they’ll be benefited from this web site.
You helped me a lot by posting this article and I love what I’m learning.
Beauty Fashion says
Please tell me more about your excellent articles
tranquil leaf cbd gummies where to buy says
delta 8 koi cart
I enjoyed reading your piece and it provided me with a lot of value.
Beauty Fashion says
Thank you for sharing this article with me. It helped me a lot and I love it.
Latest Hairstyles says
Your articles are extremely helpful to me. Please provide more information!
can you do this with raw nuts? (Im gonna try it!)
Hi, do you think a nutribullet with the milling blade would work? I don’t have a vitamix. Thanks x
I am not sure since I’ve never used a nutribullet! I would recommend using a food processor if you are doubtful about your blender. Your blender has to be a “high-speed” blender like a vitamix for the nut butter to work. I hope this helps 🙂
Martin @ The Why Chef says
I’m (hoping) to get a high powered blender from Santa, and this will be the first thing on my to-do list!
I hope Santa brings one for you!! 🙂
I love homemade nut butters. I usually make them in my food processor because I find it hard to get everything out of the Vitamix. What do you use to get it all out…or does some just get left behind? Love the combo of pecans and cashews here!! So super creamy and delicious!
Jenn – I just make a smoothie after to clean the vitamix!! It makes the CREAMIEST smoothie ever and the clean up is then super easy (and delicious, hehe!).
Is the roasting necessary? I know the bought nut butters are not roasted, and each time I try natural nuts in my Vitamix it doesn’t turn that creamy.. Any idea?
I really prefer the flavor of roasted nuts in nut butter so I always roast my nuts when making nut butter. They key, I find, to creamy nut butters in the vitamix is to start the speed very low and work your way up while using the tamper. Hope this helps!!