Am I the only one who loves secret ingredient recipes?!? Like black bean brownies, no cream creamy tomato pasta and chewy flour free cookies!!
This super simple, less than 5 minutes to make Blender Salsa features one of my favorite ingredients to eat this time of year – KALE!!
I’ve been making blender salsa – or restaurant style salsa – for years. This Kale Blender Salsa is easy, flavorful and does not require chopping ANY garlic or onions which is always a plus for me! #TheNotSOSecretlyLazyCook
As many of you guys know, I recently graduated my Master’s. Are any of you recent grads? As a student, I was used to working lots but worked according to my student schedule. Often preferring to stay up late studying and dedicating the morning to going on my runs as well as recipe testing and photographing for the blog. Since I’ve started my job in the city, my mornings of staying in my jogging pants, prancing around my apartment in Belgium baking and cooking up new eats has certainly has changed! 🙂
I’ve been making time to create new recipes in the evening and on the weekends. It helps that there are so many hands around here to help and dream up new recipe ideas! But it also means that even though I loved easy recipes before…
Now I REALLY love easy recipes!
I’m now on the search (even moreso now, ha) for recipes I can easily blend up, stick in the oven or throw on the stove to whip up for dinner and bring in my lunches for work the next day. #LeftoverLunch
Like this super easy, no chopping required Kale Blender Salsa that tastes even better the next day after the flavors have had some time to mingle.
I’ve been honestly tossing this Blender Kale Sale on everything guys. It makes a perfect dip for chips, veggies and flavorful sauce for salads, tofu, tempeh and sandwiches. I love bringing it in a little container with me to work to dip baby carrots in while I type away. #Snackaholic
And just to warn you, I do like a salsa with a real kick so when I make this Blender Kale Salsa at home I add a pinch of cayenne and a full jalapeño to mine! By all means, adjust the spice level to your taste. If you give this Blender Kale Salsa a try, remember to tag your delicious Ceara’s Kitchen creations on Instagram with #CearasKitchen, share them on the CK Facebook page or share your feedback in the comments below! #EatHappyLiveHappy
Blender Kale Salsa
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: 2 cups salsa
A flavorful Blender Kale Salsa that could not be easier to whip up - no garlic or onion cutting required! This salsa is flavorful and absolutely perfect for chip dipping and smothering on your favorite Mexican food!
- 5 plump and juicy tomatoes, cut in quarter with the seeds removed
- 2 large kale leaves, hard stems removed
- ¼ - ⅓ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno (see note)
- ½ medium white onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 -2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¾ - 1 tsp ground cumin
- pinch cayenne
- Cut tomatoes in quarters. Remove all of the seeds (including the really wet inside part of the tomato). This is an important step or else your salsa will be too wet when you blend it.
- Add the tomatoes, kale leaves (hard stems removed), ¼ cup fresh cilantro, jalapeno (see note!), onion, garlic, lime juice, 1 tbsp lemon juice, sea salt, ¾ tsp cumin and pinch cayenne to the food processor or blender.
- Pulse until the salsa is fully processed (see photo for reference). Taste test and add additional cilantro, jalapeno, lemon juice or cumin to taste. I used the full amount of each as stated in the recipe. Make sure not to overblend the salsa or it will get too watery.
- Drain a little bit of the water if you salsa seems a bit watery. This is usually not necessary for me but it will depend on your tomatoes.
- Give your salsa a good stir before serving. Serve salsa in a bowl and dig in in or serve with your favorite Mexican food.
1) Adjust lemon juice, cumin and jalapeno to taste. Add the jalapeno seeds in if you want this salsa to be super spicy or leave the jalapeno out altogether if you prefer your salsa mild.